*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844470-Heaven-On-Earth-Some-Interesting-Facts--Waiting-Is-Hard
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#844470 added March 19, 2015 at 12:36am
Restrictions: None
Heaven On Earth. Some Interesting Facts & Waiting Is Hard
Today's blogs....

Heaven Is A Place On Earth – Belinda Carlisle



Blog City – Day 379


Prompt: What does "Heaven On Earth" mean to you?

Good things. Blessed things. Love. Peace. Harmony. Reaching out to others for the good of all mankind. Going within to search the soul and connect with our higher power - God.

Living life in the present and making choices to be 'servants' of others - by this I mean, to live life not as a burden to others, but to give back and enrich the lives of others - whether you are making a meal, tucking a child into bed, cleaning the kitchen floor or coaching a team. To listen and really hear, to touch in a way that is healing, to build others up with your words and actions. To take nothing away from this world without giving back and always saying a prayer of gratitude.

It is to live contented in the Now, knowing things are always changing. Do not hold tight to the Now or you will meet with disappointment.
Forgive and let go of poisonous emotions.

Live in wonder. Embrace change. Love always and deeply.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Sixty - Five


3. Share an interesting fact, and why you think it's interesting.

I found this website with 99 interesting facts about the world. Very cool. I rewrote a few them with a few thoughts...
http://all-that-is-interesting.com/interesting-facts-about-the-world#25

The average American drinks 600 sodas a year... Until 2011, Russia didn't consider beer alcohol. It was classified as a soft drink... so if you combine those two facts... how much would the average America be drinking? I would say that figure could be doubled.

You are 1% shorter in the evening than you are in the morning. Is that because your spine compresses or is it because you are hammered down and defeated over the course of the day?

Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightening than women.... hmmm. That speaks volumes right there!!!

2/3 of people here on earth have never seen snow.... then why am I in the 1/3 that has!

Have a great day people!


7. What has been the hardest thing for you this week?

The hardest thing this week has been.... waiting for contests to be judged and prizes awarded. I know that is not really a big thing but I am excited. I have entries into 4 contests...
Fluttering Hearts
Paradise Cove Writing Contest
Weekly Quickie Contest
Naughty Niceties - which closes today and I am the only one with a valid entry.

I am also doing the I Write - March, April, May contest and Breakthrough which does not close until May 30 - but those are awarded based on my doing the other contests (like the ones above).

I am also waiting for new prompts for those same contests so that I can get busy writing for them and make sure I have entries for each week of the I Write contest. I am used to entering the Daily Flash Fiction and Writer's Cramp - I usually enter late and find the results are quick. That's fine and those are fabulous contests, but there is a sweetness and an anxiousness to entering a contest that could take a few weeks to let out the results. There is also the chance of a more thorough review - and when a piece has taken many hours to write and edit before it is sent in to the contest; that review is sweet kindness even if the piece does not place in the winning contenders.

I Write - March, April, May has a particular focus this time around. It is romance and erotica. A challenge, to be sure. I am definitely up for it. Finding contests that meet the requirements has made me have to search and work at my writing - your can not just put a romantic twist on a Daily Flash Fiction at the last minute. I also have to co-ordinate my entries - as it is I have two for this week and only one can be for I Write.

I need to get outside and walk... burn off this not knowing, this waiting that keeps me logging in and hoping the results have come in.



© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844470-Heaven-On-Earth-Some-Interesting-Facts--Waiting-Is-Hard