*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844507-To-Keep-or-Not-to-Keep----That-is-the-True-Question
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#844507 added March 19, 2015 at 3:27pm
Restrictions: None
To Keep or Not to Keep . . . That is the True Question
I'm beginning to pack things in my house (again). For keeps this time though. For one, my amazing son, Reese, will be heading to college in August, and I will also be making a permanent move in the first of June (more details forthcoming in future blogs). Anyway, I'm not necessarily a 'keeper', not that I purge every piece of paper or clothing that enters my house, but I also don't hold on to every random purchase or gift. But my dilemma is. . .

PICTURES!

Problem 1: Pictures of people I have no idea who they are. Now my initial response is to trash those suckers, but then another voice says, "You felt strongly enough to take a picture of them or they felt strongly enough to give you a picture." But still, it's not like my memory is improving with age. I'm not going to ever go - "Wow, where did I put the picture of the girl with the HUGE 80's hair in the Glamour Shot?" I'm relatively sure it isn't me -- whew. It just seems kind of mean to throw people in the trash, but the only other thing I can think of is to take them to school and make 8th graders write what they see or turn the picture into a story. And let's be honest, that's probably not going to end up being very kind either. I suppose I could make a 'I have no idea who these people are' collage. Could be a good conversation starter, but then again it seems like that might require time and work.

Problem 2: How many of the same similar picture do I need? Let's face it - my son is the first grand baby on both sides - there was A LOT of picture taking. And not just him - but that beautiful sunset you took 212 shots of somewhere when you were on vacation because that's the only time you notice beautiful sunsets - how many of those should I keep? It is mind boggling. I would let my boyfriend decide but he is a KEEPER. He'd probably want to go make copies just to be sure it is preserved in history. Then I would need even more boxes for spiders to hide in.

Problem 3: What if I don't like the people anymore? I know that sounds harsh but shit happens. Should it be like financial records? Keep them for 8 years, and if you still don't like them trash them? WHERE ARE THE PHOTOGRAPH RULES?!?!


Problem 4: (you know why) Scenic pictures of places you don't remember being or maybe you just don't recognize it. Another collage? I mean they are pretty and all, but I'm not sure they happened in my life. What if I accidentally received someone else's film one time and never looked at the pictures until now because I like to prove consistent on my level of procrastination?

Say cheese, (I have a student who doesn't like cheese of any kind. I wonder what they make him say.)

Audra


my newest sig
BOOK
Hey, life? Are you kidding me?  (18+)
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#1578384 by audra_branson



© Copyright 2015 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844507-To-Keep-or-Not-to-Keep----That-is-the-True-Question