*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852491-Some-things-I-wont-Forget---but-just-in-case--
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#852491 added June 25, 2015 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
Some things I won't Forget - but just in case. . .
You might have noticed that aralls is gone - poof - genie blink - to become abranson! Yep, I did it - I said 'I do' and more. I married the most amazing man; it only took me about 41 years to do it, but hey - some of us are slower than others. But that story is for another blog or a real written story. Today, I just want to close my eyes and capture the images of this special day. I can't imagine forgetting, but I've noticed sometimes as the years go by, new memories scoot some of the important ones over - again, I don't think this could happen.

June 6, 2015

1. Awoke at my parents to a text from Bruce - I allowed myself a few minutes to lay there and smile knowing that today we would get the happy ending/beginning we never even imagined.

2. Getting my hair and make-up done with Jen - Tracy and Lesa (my best friends) show up with some "special water" to toast the day.

3. Fake eye lashes and glitter? 'Are you sure, Jen? I'm 46.'
Looking at her 'masterpiece' with joy: 'You got this, girl.'
Why protest? I just want to marry Bruce and share the event with close family and friends.

4. Riding to the building with Jen, I look at things and realize I will never look at this bridge, the building, this road without being joined with Bruce. I smile.

5. Pulling in, I see my father and son at the door waiting for my arrival. My father seems nervous/anxious; my son confident and a little amused. A reversal of roles for those two. Again, I smile.

6. I enter from the outside so I've not seen who has shown up for the wedding. Walking through the door with my dad on my right and my 18 year-old son on my left, holding a bouquet of orchids (I don't care if they match the decor - they have meaning). . . I look first for Bruce. Our eyes meet and we both smile as if we share a secret. The look on his face says 'Let's get 'er done.'

7. I scan the room. . . tears well up seeing who has come to share in the moment. Everyone in this room means so much to us - I feel blessed and in awe that some have traveled hours, others have canceled work (farmers rarely do this), co-workers that have turned into true friends. My heart swells too for those that aren't there, yet I can feel them in spirit. . . Bruce's mother who had passed away a year ago - I knew her when I was in school, but didn't get the opportunity to know her as an adult. His father - who I was blessed to not only meet, but love instantly - who passed just weeks earlier. It is not just hopeful wishing. . . I feel them there with us.

8. The ceremony begins. . . and so does the train less than a football field away from us. Somehow we knew this would happen.. it brings laughter. . . and seems like the longest, loudest train whistle ever. It is then I realize it has proven to be a hot/humid day in Oklahoma. Good thing we didn't give in to people telling us 10:30 a.m. was a strange time to have a wedding. Old historical buildings aren't blessed with air conditioning; but, what they lack in modern convenience they make up for in ambiance.

9. Bruce says his vows first. We agreed not to write or rehearse them before this moment as we wanted them to come from the heart not be a 'show'. He reminds me of the honor he takes in a promise (something I know to be true) and talks of the love we share, our future, and much more. I want to kiss him right then. I should have - we've always been rule followers, even in kindergarten - maybe, this time I should have been a rebel.

10. My vows . . . seemed to flow out - I might have stumbled over words - I don't know - all I could see was Bruce's eyes and that smile . . holding my hands as his thumb gently rubs my skin. I don't know how, because he is behind me, but I catch a glimpse of my son smiling - sharing our joy.

11. And then the kiss - how will he kiss me? - to answer that... perfectly. And then we are one. Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Branson - the way it was meant to be.

12. Cutting the cake - lol - sweat has now caused an eyelash to de-glue - Bruce gently pulls the other one off and blows gently on me to cool me down.

13. I think there are 4 maybe 5 round tables filled with our family and friends, all in their circle of comfort by those they know best yet at the same time mixing with everyone. . . as it should be. We are blessed that our families have known each other for years.

14. Kids playing with bubbles. People explore the old building. Pictures taken. Laughter and hugs. Bruce always near touching my hand sharing in this magical time together. No urgency, no stress, no awkwardness. Everyone feels at home, which is what we had hoped for.

15. How did we end up off to the side kind of dancing by ourselves? Was there even music or was it just us enjoying the moment and silently lifting a prayer to God for his guidance.

16. Tomorrow will be three weeks that we have been married. And I must admit, I feel as if we have always been together. Sure, I'm still learning which drawer has the dish towels in it, but I feel as if I'm finally home.

Signing off for the first time as. . . ,

Audra L. Branson

June 6, 2015

© Copyright 2015 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852491-Some-things-I-wont-Forget---but-just-in-case--