*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844969-Day-26-I-get-to-Rant-to-Today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#844969 added March 26, 2015 at 9:01am
Restrictions: None
Day 26: I get to Rant to Today
Opinion Thursday!





Florida governor Rick Scott recently banned the use of the term "climate change" in official state business, while renowned scientists are becoming increasingly concerned about it. What do you think? Should scientists stay out of politics, or are politicians doing the public a greater disservice by not acknowledging rapid and severe changes in weather patterns?





I looked it up and it’s just as I thought. Mainstream media is spinning the light fandango and not reporting accurately. Scott said science does not support global warming. And that is accurate. Science probably supports a mini ice age more than global warming.


Just like everything, if you ask a politician an opinion question and spin it stupid, you will always be punished. In this case, “you spin global warming that way, you won’t get to talk about it anymore.” In this case, scientists know the numbers don’t support the latest “global warming” spoof, so they come up with a new catch phrase "climate change". And because people no longer trust their latest shenanigans, scientists get in a snit, stomp their feet, and manipulate the numbers to support whatever stupid thing is coming down the pike at this very moment.


The weather patterns are more a symptom of deforestation, coupled with atmospheric and oceanic pollution than anything else. If you can get a scientist to address the core problems rather than the symptoms, they would have more credibility. If the scientists came up with solutions rather than catch phrases, people (including politicians) would start listening. The trouble is this: Scientist will not acknowledge the homespun truth in a bible and therefore, just become manics for hype rather than simple solutions.


The solution is simple…. Just quit cutting down trees, clean up the air, let the oceans thrive, and the weather will fix itself. But that’s too simple and too biblical.


I should clarify, that the problem is the disconnect between what scientists say and what the media hypes. If they could get their message out through a means other than the media, you would not have this knee jerk reaction.


© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844969-Day-26-I-get-to-Rant-to-Today