*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845754-Talking-Bugs
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#845754 added April 3, 2015 at 9:49pm
Restrictions: None
Talking Bugs?!
Today's blog...

Blog City – Day 395


Imagine that you have caught a talking bug in a jar. What does the bug have to say about nature and the life of a bug? Would you let him free, if asked? Why or Why not.

I would let him free... no living thing needs to be trapped in a space too tiny to make it interesting to live. To catch the bug in the first place would be to examine it and study it... I have often done this with my students and let it go after a time. There was one day we rescued a spider to keep the students from throwing sand at the poor thing... it had built its huge web on the climbing equipment. Redirecting them to help and learn from it versus hurting it helped and engaged the students. We let the spider go at the end of the day once the students were gone. I picked a place away from the playground.

Now a talking bug... that is beyond interesting. But it is still a bug. It would be interesting to learn from him what his life is like - a buggy TED talk just for your class. Video him and let him tell you what he likes and does not like. At the end of his day open a window and let him join his friends.


Update:
I wrote 3 poems today. All of them were attempts at a Rondelet for my Poetic Explorations workshop.
I am at 1972 words for Camp Nanowrimo so far!!!

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845754-Talking-Bugs