*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847213-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#847213 added April 17, 2015 at 4:09pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Again, so little time to spend in here, Writing.com. I have a few minutes to write in my journal, then I have to run back to work and see how the new guard did on his test. I'm sure he did fine, but he was pretty nervous when I got off work and left him to finish his training.

This hiring and training takes a lot of time and energy, both of which I must supply after I'm clocked out and what little they pay me above the normal wage does not compensate for the added burden. But, if we get a good worker, someone who will stick around, and someone who won't have to have me coming in all the time during my off time, it's worth it. I think this guy is going to be just that, a wonderful asset to our work site.

But, it's not giving me much for time to do anything until he finishes training. And, once we get him tested and passed, it starts all over again. I have another position we need to fill, and I will have to put in all this time again, until that spot is filled. But, being positive this guy is going to do great, I'll start having a couple days off each week again by next week. There will be a few long days in there, but having a couple days off will make it a lot better, and easier, to deal with them.

I was hoping to have a little more time today, but it's just not panning out that way. I stopped by Facebook, and an old friend had posted pictures of the town I grew up in. She was my neighbor, and best friend back when I was in grade school, until her family moved away. It was nice sharing some pictures together, and having a little time to comment back and forth. What I really would like, is a few extra days off from work so I can travel back to Minnesota and visit my dear old friend.

We had lost track of each other for many years, but I always thought of her, and cherished the memories we had made. Our paths crossed a few times in life, but the last time was before I served in the Air Force, a long time ago. Like I had mentioned, I thought of her quite often, and even had thoughts of trying to get in touch. But my life wasn't working out the way I had planned back then, and I soon found myself raising three teenage children alone.

One day, a few years ago, I logged into Facebook to see a friend request, and guess who? Yes, she had also remembered me, and did a search, found me and added me as a friend. I have a poem I wrote about this in my portfolio. One day I will be able to travel back to Minnesota and visit her, but for now, it's just a little sharing in Facebook.

Once I logged out of there, I logged in here and went through my mail. I found a reply to the letter I had sent out yesterday, and it seems I have found a new friend as well. I read her letter and want to send her a reply, but I want to take my time and write her a full letter, commenting and answering her questions. But, I also needed to get in here and write this since I may not get a chance later. So, I'll have to send off a short letter, explaining I'll write more later, when I get a little time.

Of course, we met through my blog, so she may already know this just from reading my entry here.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847213-Friday