*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847303-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#847303 added April 18, 2015 at 8:30pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
What a day! Saturdays are always busy days, and today was also the last day of an 11% rebate sale store wide. This added up to complete chaos in the store and in the yard. In addition to both of these, rain was predicted for the day, but it continued to get set back later and later, so a lot of people rushed in to get their stuff before the rain started. It all added up to one of the busiest days we had in a long time.

I opened, and was done work about nine-thirty, but the new trainee was doing his first day of actual work, and was pretty unsure of himself. I understand this, and try and stick around to oversee things until they feel a bit more confident. But today it was so mad, that there was no way he could have kept up. I ended up working, unofficially until noon.

Then, another guy showed up with his completed application, so I took a break and talked to him. It's sounds like we may have out temporary summer position filled now, too. Once I was done with everything, I was going to skip out for the rest of the afternoon. My wife, Rhonda, was working now, until three, so I was clear to go. I was giving her a ride home, so I needed to hang out until three, and figured I could work on scheduling and some paperwork.

But, it was so busy, I still ended up helping out until one-thirty. Then it was a run to the store to pick up something for dinner. After this, I set up my netbook to do the schedule, and about fell asleep before Excel even opened. I was beat, didn't get as much sleep last night as I should have, and doing anything that required concentration was senseless at this point.

I'm glad I don't have to get up until five tomorrow morning, I should be able to relax for a while tonight, get to bed by nine or maybe even sooner. This will be the first night in a month that I will have eight hours of sleep. Now, I just hope I don't wake up around one or two in the morning. I know I'll wake around three, that's the time I normally get up, but hopefully I can recall I don't have to be to work until eight, and can fall right back to sleep.

That's my day so far, except for an unknown caller on my work phone. That was around five-thirty. I screen my calls, especially on my work phone, and since it didn't show up on caller id, and was not a number I recognized, I let it go to voice mail. Nothing. But they called back three times, each time letting it ring until it took them into my message center, but they never left anything. I was tempted to answer, but gee-whiz, I guy needs to have a little time away form his job, and since they didn't leave a message, I figure it's nothing important.

On the upside of things, I have a new pen-pal. Well, no pens, keypads, but I do have a new friend and see she has returned my email, and left me another. I have not looked at them yet, I wanted to get this written, then go back and read her letters; kind of savoring them. It's always so nice to find mail, and I've been so inactive in here for the last year or so, that I don't usually get anything except the newsletters, updates from the Power Reviewers Group, and notices on new notebook posts.

Now, off to my email, and hopefully I have enough energy left to write back. It's kind of doubtful, however, since I'm already started to have to fight to keep my eyes open. I may have to wait until tomorrow to write her back, at least if she wants anything comprehensible and not sounding like the rantings of a lunatic...

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847303-Saturday