*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848905-The-Dream
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#848905 added May 6, 2015 at 12:37pm
Restrictions: None
The Dream
Prompt: The smoke seen in the dream now rises. Hawaiian Proverb See what you can do with this.

--------------

Esperanza hurries toward something; what she can’t tell. Suddenly, she stops at the sight of a cloud, not a cloud really but white smoke billowing in ardor and power, above a huge crowd, and circling over the river, which is running hastily through the valleys to reach to the sea.

She opens her eyes and sits up, shaking her head at the dream. Why all this excitement of nature's elements? Dreams like this had been crowding her nights. For what? She can't tell.

Through the window she sees the cupolas of the church, and by the time she slips on her clothes, she hears the bells ringing in enchantment over the small town in the pampas, off Buenos Aires.

“Get dressed quickly. We are going to church,” says her mother as she opens her door ajar.

“Why it is only Wednesday,” Esperanza answers, her eyes catching the date on the calendar on the wall, March 13, 2013.

“But it is a wondrous Wednesday,” her mother answers, stepping into the room. “Father Jorge is chosen Pope.”

“I just dreamt of white smoke,” Esperanza answers excitedly.

“Another holy dream!” Her mother shudders. “Maybe we should let you…after all…”

“You would, Mom? You really would?”

“Yes, Esperanza. I think your heart’s in it and your dreams confirm it; you can join any order of sisters…That is, if they choose you.”

Esperanza smiles at her mother and at her dream…the dream that validated her hopes…the dream that pulled her to her feet. With her family's blessings, she'll be on her way.



=======

Just an imagined tiny story, only because I couldn't do much else with this. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848905-The-Dream