*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848977-Struck-by-Lightning
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#848977 added May 7, 2015 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
Struck by Lightning
Prompt: You are struck by lightning and now have a new talent. What is your new talent?

------------

Now I have to pick a talent and it has to be new…Well, I don’t know. It would help me more if I could deepen my already existing talents, which that list starts with spilling food on me while eating. Believe me, I am very talented with that.

Since the talent has to be new, I have to have a list, as making lists is one of my already existing talents. I always ask, “Is there a list for that?” You should see me giving heck to the Comcast representative two days ago over her bundled lists, but that’s another story. I wouldn’t be surprised if she quit her job after me…

Coming back to the talent list…Psychology Today says: “Talents are strengths that are innate abilities, which typically have a strong biological loading, and may or may not be well-developed (e.g., intelligence, musical ability, athletic ability).” It also separates Character Strengths, Skills, Interests, Values, Learning Styles and Resources from what is called a talent.

On the other hand, most lists on the net mix all of the above. This means I’ll have to forego the list idea, since no one seems to agree on one. For a talent, I must have “a strong biological loading” which may mean that my DNA has to be changed. Isn’t that a scary thought, though? What if my altered DNA gives me the risk of a terrible ailment?

Negatives aside, hoping anything nasty won’t happen with the DNA change, I would like to be able to fly. Not in an airplane or with a contraption, but just open my arms like wings and fly to see stuff from above. I might be shot down like a Canadian Goose, but then I am a silly goose already, as this entry attests to that.



© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848977-Struck-by-Lightning