*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848919-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#848919 added May 6, 2015 at 7:45pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Okay, first of all, up until eight-thirty last night, Rhonda and I were off for today and tomorrow. It's been months since we have been able to take even one day off together. We finally got a guy hired who wanted hours, but then he started having some personal problems. I was cooperative and willing to bend in any direction to help him out. Earlier this week, he called, things were getting better, but he could only work two days, and wanted to cut the hours short from what we had originally scheduled him.

No problem, I informed him. Since he has been out for a while, I told him I would get up early and meet him at work this morning, do a review of things, fill him in on some policy changes, and we could talk about a workable schedule for him. Everything was set, and yesterday, early afternoon, I called to reconfirm things. He didn't answer his phone, so I just left a message in voice mail for him to give me a call and let me know how things were going.

Nothing, so I assumed he was still going to work today and tomorrow. I got up early and prepared to drive in to talk to him, then return home so Rhonda and I could enjoy our first of two days off. I seen a missed message on my work phone so I checked it. Eight-thirty last night he sent a text, "I quit."

No explanation, no call, nothing but a short text stating he quit. He turned in his gear last night at the store shortly after he sent the text. What? After all the trouble and bending over backwards trying to make things easy for him during this difficult time and he cannot even call me and tell me what's up? Seriously, I quit by text? I tried to call him to see what was up, but as soon as he knew who was calling he hung up and has not returned my call.

Luckily I was up and ready to go in, or it would have been a big problem. So much for a day off, and now it's back to looking for someone to hire, again. I just don't get it -- what changed?

So, I did not have a day off, did not get anything I was planning on taken care of, and now have a ton of work to add to my already overloaded pile.

XXX


Okay, I got a chance to vent earlier, and from there I didn't do a damn bit of work. Well, not for the job and the company. Tomorrow I'll be writing a letter to Mr. Vice President of said company and asking why I have not been compensated for my hard work in three years, why they expect as much as they do for the pay the give, and I will also ask him a couple of questions about how I'm suppose to get any down time if I need to keep my phone turned on twenty-four-seven. I hope he has some good answers, or my next correspondence will be for someone to come and take over this mess, I'm burned out and about to resign. They have to allow a guy to shut off his phone in the evenings, on his days off, and not have to be responsible for covering for everything under the sun, not for the pay rate I get.

But enough on that! I just renamed this blog/journal, and I just started an attempt to talk about something other than work. But, the way things are right now, I do not have a life outside of work. I no more than started getting into a little creativity, and all hell broke lose -- again!

What else do I have to write about? Well let see, I work. When I'm not at work, or working from home, I'm sleeping or vegetating in Netflix, half asleep. That's about it, except for trying to hold things together around the house, but even that's slipping further and further behind. Nope, this is going to stop; one way or the other. I'm going to reclaim my life; no matter what it takes, I'm going to have a life outside of work very soon.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848919-Wednesday