*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849046-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#849046 added May 8, 2015 at 8:21pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Good news and bad news. The good news is I gave a young fella an interview today, and it's looking like he may be just what we're looking for. With the situation as it is, and no other candidates, this is real good news. He will start training on Monday, and hopefully things will work out.

The bad news isn't about work, it's about a little mishap last night. We put a piece of plywood in the doorway to contain the dogs, so they don't run up and down the stairs all night and keep us up. It's about three foot high, and works pretty well. It's not attached, just set up against the frame to hold it in place.

Sometime last night, caught in a dream of the phone ringing and the answering machine picking up, I half woke with a jump and exited the room at a fast pace. Only in my half sleep state, I did not move the piece of wood. I impacted hard enough to topple me right onto it, then forward onto the floor as the wood gave way under my weight. I'm bruise in more places than I can count, especially the abdomen. I may also have broken a few toes, and seem to have multiple strains and sprains.

Being so sore, it's difficult to sit up like this for any amount of time, and with all the bruises and sprains, it's kind of difficult to type, too. So, for the next few days, I'll likely be doing some short entries. Seeing as to how I'm working some long days for the next three days, I'm not going to have much time to write anyway, so I guess it's a balance.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849046-Friday