*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849120-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#849120 added May 9, 2015 at 10:59am
Restrictions: None
Saturday
I have a few minutes, so I thought I would get in here and make an entry, just in case I don't make it back in later. Normally I would be at work right now, but Rhonda switched out with me. She's doing the twelve hour shift and I'm going in to provide double coverage, if needed. If not, I'll try and get some of my other work done.

It was nice not working a long shift today, after my little mishap. I'm pretty stiff and sore, and it would have been hell to work twelve hours today. Tomorrow and Monday I'm only scheduled for nine hours, and if it's slow, may not have to work that long either day.

Also on Monday, we start a new person, and I'm hoping he works out. It will mean a nice break from this six and seven day work week, time off with Rhonda, and more time to get in here and do some editing and writing. Also, the company that hires our service has changed the no electronics at work policy, so I can now use my phone and a tablet at work. I don't have a tablet, but I do have a netbook that I can do most of my work on. The policy states the general manager can make exceptions, and he said it was alright to use my netbook on site.

I spent the morning setting it up, transferring files, and getting it ready to be a work station. Now, I can do most of my off site activities on site. I guess that means I can't call them off site anymore, however. I won't have internet access, or the ability to print or scan anything from work, but I can save to the drive and do all that later. This should reduce the amount of time I now spend working off site and from home by about 75%, maybe even more.

Once again, things are looking up. Now, if the new hire works out...

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849120-Saturday