*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849163-Learning-in-and-of-the-school
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849163 added May 9, 2015 at 11:31pm
Restrictions: None
Learning in and of the school
         Like I said, not your average school, especially because of the geography here that makes the school seem like it was made and owned by hippies. I don’t have a problem with them, but how else did we get here in life?
         Since the city was unfortunately full of buildings, this school was only accepted by making a loophole within the rules. If the plant life wasn’t disrupted in any way, then the building would be allowed. And because of many complications in doing so, it resulted in a really weird indoors.
         Trees, bushes, hedges, topiaries (I think people did that as a joke or something), flowers, nearly whatever you can find outside can be found here. Personally, I think it’s nice, diversifying with the Earth, but at the same time, it’s ridiculous. Not to mention the students here.
         Apparently, because the principal, and many other associates, thought that the diversity levels weren’t strong or high enough inside the school, they took more... arbitrary approaches. I’m not saying it’s all bad... if I weren’t slight enemies with nearly half of them.
         See, the thing is that because of the major, and I mean MAJOR, indifferences here in school, we’re classified as the "normal" people here. And because there's a rare chance to see people like me, it gets very complicated.
         It’s completely unsafe, actually, with all the [extreme to the max] people here. Then again, I survived a year here. The 10th grade really won’t be that bad.
         "So, I guess I’ll see you guys later," I tell the two, "this whole testing business is a real pain."
         Richard here is like a clone and brother to me, like one I never had. Other than my hair being brown and his being black, there's so much confusion between us, despite the fact that I'm a few months older.
         Charlotte... sweet, innocent Charlotte... But I don’t have a crush on her. Even though she's the slightly shy type with many qualities, which is the personality I like, she's not exactly my type. I keep saying that she and Richard would make a better couple. They’ll figure it out eventually
         First class: Math; teacher: Mr. Henderson; difficulty: not even close.
         A 37-year-old man who takes it seriously but with a good sense of humor... at least, I would say that if it wasn’t for one little quirk: his suspicion.
         I'm the unfortunate lucky one who gets near perfect it drives him nuts. Every now and then, he spies on my tests... to make sure I'm not cheating. Dude, everyone else's IQ here is only slightly below mine to as far as I can tell right now. Not trying to discriminate, but even the kid next to me didn't start and is asleep. A good thing was that he's tired today and it finally gives me a chance to calm down.
40 minutes later...

You’d think that things are out of proportion now, but wait until Social Studies come by. Meeting with the other two from earlier, we’re standing to an even heavier wooded area that only very few come into. They just take an alternate longer route, no wonder their always late, but this is the fastest and shortest path.
         And since the other people reside here since most of the homerooms are the classrooms for them the entire day, it makes the whole situation even more precarious.
         "You think we can survive this time, Matt?" Charlotte asks. My guess: maybe.
         "Only one way to find out, Charlotte," I reply, "and once again, it’s through these trees. I wonder where the arrow came from though..."
         After nearly two minutes of careful stepping, trust me, there's more to this school than what the eye perceives, we finally make it to our next class.
         History ironically goes back, but it only drives the whole situation forward.
         "By the way, Rich’, don’t forget to use the documents this time for the essay." I was never good either, but it helps to help others, as well as my other friend here.
         Traitor to his group, goes by Firence, and is very helpful to our group, despite the fact that he's a fugitive to natives. And what I mean by that is the Jurenga clan. Dressed as natives, they live that way too, even though it sounds ridiculous. Don’t think this is a rip-off of Codename: Kids Next Door. I've already been there and this is much different because of all the rules here.
         I didn’t understand him at first, but with the stuff that they do, which will bore you to death literally, he managed to let me escape even if he had to go against his clan. Still in the look, he doesn’t know anything else, Firence is now an ally.
         "Chief still holding a grudge there?" I ask. I forgot to mention that he was his right-hand man.
         "You have no idea," he replies. Youngest of all, but with the deepest voice. How's that for adolescence?
         "Well, let’s hope that Ms. Evans has a good mood for once." Being a 42-year-old single woman with a kid in the school sorta has a hard toll to life. But I try to help every now and then.
Another 40 minutes wasted...

Seeing as how I dislike S.S., I can only tell my next grade will be bad. Going onto my next class will be difficult because of the path there.
         I can only hope for the better right now...


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849163-Learning-in-and-of-the-school