*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849164-Inexplicable-Feelings
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849164 added May 9, 2015 at 11:32pm
Restrictions: None
Inexplicable Feelings...
         To make matters worse than what they are right now is the fact that some parts of the school is flooded and it’s taking quite a while for anyone to even do anything about it. I also have to separate from my comrades since they don’t have my class next. I sorta hoped they did.
         The only good thing is that the janitors did what they can to include a bridge of sorts to let students get across the hallways. I don’t see how that’s more helpful than what things already are.
         Another friend here, and our last friend, is this guy, Aaron. He's walking up to me, slightly confusing me since his class is in the other side of the school. He gets along better with it for some reason. Wonder why..? Probably his charisma, but I’m the unofficial leader for some reason. We work as a team dammit!
         "I guess some things never change," he says, looking at the flooded hallway which ironically is a few feet down from the floor up here; not by much, just like 4 steps down.
         "And I thought the schedules didn’t either," I add. "Finally got through to the principal?"
         "It took some badgering, but I managed. Next two classes are mine as well now." I say some of these things are pointless due to the fact of it being the near end of the year, but when it came to having help, it’s all fine with me.
         While walking through these planks, I keep seeing something moving in the water. Something jumped which made us stop. Am I going paranoid?
         Confused, not scared, I ask Aaron, "You saw that?"
         "What?" He looks around. "I don’t see anything."
         "Hmm. I could've sworn I felt something moving in the water. I can’t even tell if it’s there or not..."
         (3rd POV) Aaron looks at the protagonist with a skeptical look. ‘To feel that there was something underneath us is weird. Maybe he must not be feeling right. Or maybe...’
         Once we got over to the next hallway, I see the same metallic, probably fireproof, door that leads to the gym. I hate this class...
         "Get ready for cultural diffusion and inert diversity to be taken to the max," I state. Once inside, montages of people are just standing around waiting for Coach Halder to come and get us to track.
         "So who’s your real enemy here?"
         I look around. "Lance." He’s the equivalent of a nemesis you would usually have. Not a bully, not a loser, but extremely well respected and proud of it. He is my only real rival here. Once he sees me, he tauntingly smiles and walks towards me. I sneer at his action.
         "I'm surprised they let you out early this time."
         "Footage said it," he says. "I said it wasn’t my fault and no one listened even though I'm not even liable enough to have a criminal record. I'm still waiting for that rematch."
         "That wasn’t me who threw the shot. How about this: you, me, race around the track..."
         Couple minutes later, I’m at the start of the track. We also have a reputation for being the faster ones in the school. Too many ties, no winner at all. This is our final one of the year and everyone is placing so many bets on it.
         I was thinking about how I ran earlier today to get to school. How could I even do that? The only thing I remember was being late, but I can’t exactly pinpoint what it was.
         Matter of fact, I can’t believe Halder even let us do this but I’ll do anything to get Lance of my back.
         "Alright, Walker, Howard!" Halder says. "This is a mile run course. One time around the track is enough for that to happen. Finally you can put this whole thing behind you and get on with your lives already!"
         As we prepare for our run, he makes one last remark. "Ready for me to take the title away, Walker?"
         "Hmm. Let’s see if you can... ‘Coward’." I taunt. He growls and gets back in position. Oh, and did I mention that the, um, "obstacles" here aren't gonna help at all?
         "Go!"
         Starting off with a tie, as usual, we come up to the first obstacle: rock jumping.
         Sure, it may only be the first one, but seeing that it’s over a moat, and so far off the track (it was custom made by the students), I guess it’s gonna bring better meaning to the phrase, "No pain, no gain".
         At least I trained for it earlier. But only this time, it’s a narrow beam over a large moat that also swerves about.
         "At least things won’t be that bad this time. It all depends on balance and equilibrium, also by distorting the senses and ignoring outside distractions (which is how I usually get by rants by random civilians.).
         Howard has a disadvantage since he can only focus on things one at a time. Heck, I use my feet to lift a couple things even! After the first beam and rest, I see that ‘Coward’ is still trying to make it across. The second beam was a little harder. Unlike the first with a 12" wide board, it was a 6", and the third is ironically 3". You know, I bet these people are literally trying to test and tempt me.
         At the middle of the second plank though, I felt something funny. Something I couldn’t explain. And for some reason, it feels close.
         But where..?


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849164-Inexplicable-Feelings