*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849165-Those-feelings-wont-leave
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849165 added May 9, 2015 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Those feelings won't leave...
         I finally snap back to reality when I see that Lance is right behind me. I refocus on what I'm supposed to do, and that is to keep the title of School's Fastest (lol). Once we both are done with them, we see our next obstacle, which, you guess it, is over a moat as well. I haven't a clue why they bring up the moats for nearly everything that goes on here, but I'm just taking a guess that it's related to safety issues.
         Monkey bars are a bit of a challenge since I don't have very good upper body strength, but I have to make the best out of it. Funny thing is that I think no one has any concern with how we need to do these things because not only are they bars, but second tier ones are chains, third is rope, and I think that the fourth one is rubber (bands), enough to sustain our weight, or something at least 150 lbs.
         I can't shake this weird feeling though, as if something was about to get me in some way or another. Every time I get past something, the memory of being in that null void keeps returning to me and I haven't a clue why. Lady Marell was obviously the first celestial thing I ever saw, I actually died not just two hours ago, and i ran nearly 10 times the town speed limit (25). What is going on?
         That's it. I can't just stop going in and out of reality like this. If I want to keep the title, then I have to stay focused on this thing. I already past the second tier without incident, or realizing it and once past the last two, the next was a real doozy.
         I don't know who was given permission to do this, or something of relation, but there's a hedge maze that we're forced to take after we're done. I knew this wasn't gonna be easy.
         And if things weren't bad enough, Lance was close behind, giving me a taunting look. Again sneering, I walk in and try to find my way through this leafy mayhem. Seeing as how we might not meet, I decide to take my time and carefully check out where I am exactly. I accidentally went here one day while hanging out with my group and we kinda took a mental note on this and even drew a map. Couple of place arguments later, we memorized it if we ever needed to escape this maze.
         I don't get claustrophobic easily, but I do tend to panic in the first few minutes after. But since I know where I'm going, then it shouldn't be a problem.
         I'm actually starting to think I accidentally miscalculated some directions or something because this was taking me longer than usual. Well, I wouldn't say that. My speed was increasing somehow and I eventually reached 15, even though I'm going left and right.
         Two minutes later, I finally come out of that and I see that our final obstacle was a 1/2km run back. I also see that Lance is halfway through. There's no way I'm losing to that coward!
         With my instincts set, I run down as fast as possible (without a huge crazy spike) and tie up with him. We glance and nod, reach the finish line, and crash down onto a few spectators. They helped us up and we shake it off.
         Both winded, we give each other a handshake, to finally rejoice and let bygones be bygones. "You are a worthy competitor, Lance."
         Nodding, "Same for you, Matt."
         Remember when I passed by to school this morning and security guard Lisa was with her camera? I forgot to mention that it also applies here. After all, we are the fastest in the school (proven by Halder who made us do a race for extra credit).
         Unfortunately, he won't give us the results right now. "Sorry, guys, but I'm not the professional in this stuff. After school, meet up with me and we'll finally put this whole thing behind us."
         "No matter," I say. "I can wait."
         "Same here."
         Aaron comes over and is actually impressed. "Kudos, bro. I have no idea how that tie will be resolved."
         "Well, Lisa will tell us soon. She can freeze frame cameras very professionally that it makes the technology teacher shame himself."
         "Speaking of which, when will the bell--" (Ring!)
         I laugh. "That answer your question?"
         "Oh, ha ha." We get back inside.
         "Ready for biology?"
         "Can't say I am, but we do need the education." He told me he has plans for college soon and hopes to get there soon. I'm not exactly sure about that, I'm more of a family man, but we'll see what happens soon. I mean after all, many things can happen, no?

Intro to the Character thought quotes: anything in italics and after a name will be the thought of said char. and will be in parenthesis, like so:
Aaron: (Honestly, I haven't a clue when I'll be using any of this. My dad's a cop; what use will mitosis be for me once I take over?)

         But on the way there, I keep rethinking about my death and Lady Marell. I said I'd explain the weird near lateness to school to my group earlier at lunch, but I don't see how that will help me. As I said, many things can happen, but this is kinda random.

Another test later...

It's gonna be eventually that I start to get lost within myself with all this. So far, the only things I have to wonder about is how I can be able to get to very high speeds without even trying that much. Maybe, just, maybe...
         I should calm down. Things aren't as bad as they seem... minus the fact that I have to tell my parents I died.
         Ha! Who will believe me..?


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849165-Those-feelings-wont-leave