*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849166-Who-am-I
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849166 added May 9, 2015 at 11:34pm
Restrictions: None
Who am I..?
         Then again, this is my group we’re talking about. I mean, we’ve seen crazy things before, and I mean crazy. But at the same time though, let’s be realistic. No one died here, no one went to high speeds like (snap) that, and they certainly never heard of a seraphim angel (or so I think at least). But there’s no escaping my friend’s concern and worry.
         “Are you okay there, Matt?” Charlotte asks. Now, she’s a cute girl, and I think anyone would be lucky to have her, but the thing is, she isn’t exactly my type. Charlotte is a fun-loving, spunky kind of gal. While I do like that slightly, I’m more into the shy, somewhat reclusive type. After all, it’s who I am.
         Someone even suggested that we should go on a date, but we easily disregarded that notion.
         “Not really, Charlotte,: I reply, “it’s just a lot of things in my mind.”
         “Well, shoot,” Aaron says. “You know we always help each other through good and bad.”
         “I’m not so sure about that today, Aaron,” I reply. “You wouldn’t believe me even if I showed you.”
         “Is it less believable than the food they have here?” They laugh at the slight joke. The food here does suck a bit. Well, here goes.
         For the next 19 minutes, I tell them about what happened to me prior to school: my death, Lady Marell, my revival and speed, all of it, leaving out no detail at all. But the worst part was this:
         I looked behind me and see that nothing was there. I could’ve sworn that someone was spying on us. “So, all in all, now you know.” I look over at them and see that they had unreadable expressions. “You guys think I’m crazy, don’t you?”
         “No, of course not, Matt,” Richard says.
         “We think—you’re insane!” Laughter was everywhere, making a torrent of feelings wave over me, but it was mostly anger that was taking the cake. I seriously tried to contain it, my emotional history is very clear, but it was starting to fail. Ironically, I never frowned for anger, but I might make an exception. Never mind.
         “I’d knew you’d react like this; like I really expected you to believe me,” I stated.
         “I’m sorry, Matt,” Firence says, “but that speech is ridiculous!”
         “Yeah, come on,” Aaron adds, “I mean, dying to a null plane? Reviving? Seraphim angel?”
         I think that when he said the last thing, I had it. With all my slight might, I close my eyes and slam my fists onto the table, forcing them to go through the wood, making cracks all over and eventually make the entire table collapse to the metal bars, which I somehow managed to avoid.
         Surely feeling unnatural, I look at the mess I made. Well, it is called the mess hall for a reason, right? But no guilt went over me, probably because of my overwhelming feeling of pride. Or maybe it’s my anger dissipating from me. Breathing hard, I look over at my group, one who has his... spork..? still lifted and a mess from the old table.

Richard: (Okay, that right there: completely messed up.)
Charlotte: (I always knew these tables were old. At the same time though, it was to happen. I mean, we don’t provoke Matt like this ever so, yeah, we had that coming.)
Firence: (We were expecting this some way or another. Matthew is a nice kid; the table smash is new though.)

         Deciding that I had enough shame and confusion, I decided to go out to the courtyard to calm my nerves. They didn’t want to be alone without their unofficial leader, I guess, so they followed suit. The whole time though. They must think I'm a damn freak.
         But let it not be said that I can’t let this plot go through. I mean, we need to keep this going. It’s only a few more tests along the way and nothing really happens here. Plus, now that this happened, I probably might be staying away from my friends and maybe my family as well. I mean, they knew all about this!

Well, another few hours later, it’s like 10 to 3, I think, and now school is over. The whole time though, I feel that I’m being watched though, as if it was a conspiracy held against me somehow. I don’t really know who or what, if anything or anyone for that matter.
         My group though live further than I do and take the bus, I love the transit here, by the way, so we are forced to go our separate ways. Here I am standing on the campus of the school here, not knowing what to do next. Sure, it’s a mile walk, I have to get my bag from that hedge now that I remember, but it is what it is.
         Following my usual trail home, I realize that there’s no homework, thank goodness, and that there’s no much to do except enjoy the weekend. But how can I enjoy that when I see that I'm not who I thought I was for the last 15 years (starting today)? You know what? I’ll deal with it.
         And the funny part is this: I come home and see no one; probably going on another shopping spree. But in the kitchen, I see a cake with candles in the form of a “15”, and a note next to it. I didn’t get what it meant: “Happy Birthday, Matthew. Beware what you wish for. You just might get it.”
         I look at the flames and try to figure out what it means. But I get stumped.
         That is, if it wasn’t for this...


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849166-Who-am-I