*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849167-Explanations-Owed
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849167 added May 9, 2015 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
Explanations Owed
         Not completely getting the whole message on the card, it didn’t take long for me to hear something else. Swearing that I could’ve heard a twig snap, despite the fact that I'm indoors, I didn’t have time to brace myself for this:
         “SURPRISE!”
         With no other (logical to my instinctive) reaction to do, for some reason, I just plain jump out the window, probably shocking my family and making yet another chore for myself. As I lie face down on the grass, I try to remember what compelled me to just randomly do that. Picking myself up, I realize that there's a piece of glass stuck on my forehead.
         Wincing a bit at the pain, I see that there was no blood to speak of at all. Sure, I have a slight cut, but that’s about it.
         Obviously unorthodox, my family runs out of the house to the exact spot of where I crashed. They were worried of course, but not as much as I thought when they saw that nothing had fazed me. I knew they were hiding something but I decided to let it go.
         As soon as I get up, Cuddles started running out the door we made for her in the front. With a mewl, she jumps into my arms and looks at me with a worried expression. I don’t know how, but I can actually understand her expressions.
         “I’m fine, Cuddles,” I reassure. She smiles and purrs, rubbing herself against me and jumps off next to the family.
         I just look at them. “What?”
         “We are at authority to iterate that, bro,” Stephanie says. “Why having the response of the destruction of innocent glass?” No one knows it, but I can understand her also... albeit some vocabulary does elude me.
         “Instinctive stimuli,” I reply. “I can also tell that by the way your lips are right now that you’ve been waiting forever for a slice now. Just take the cake.”
         Even the others were shocked. I’d usually take a slice... or two. Or 3, but never do I not take a slice.
Mom: (The fact of the matter is that he never passes up anything sweet, especially when it’s homemade. Unlike Stephanie, who literally takes the cake, he’d take half.)

         As soon as I blow out the candle, making a wish that wouldn’t come true probably, she reluctantly takes the cake. Steph really needs to take it easy on the sugar. It’s a wonder hyperglycemia didn’t take effect yet. Not that she has it, but at least it’s more good for us.
         “Anyone needs me, I’ll be upstairs... doing... something.”
         Pitiful excuse, but was there really anything else to say? I mean, seriously! I die, get speedy, and get identity issues... I think I need to rethink what I know about average lifestyle. Sure, we’re near the end of the year, and crazy things tend to happen when the time comes, but my day was way beyond normal.
         As soon as I’m up in my room, I realize Cuddles was in my bed, head tilted in confusion. I haven’t a clue why but I just have pent-up anger, confusion, and disorientation from all this.
         Cuddles sees this and walks toward me and rubs against my leg, which usually has a calming effect on me, but not this time for some reason.
         “Sorry, Cuddles, but I just need to be left alone for a bit.”
Cuddles: (Meow?)

         Giving a nod, she leaves. I didn’t really expect her to do so, but whatever possible to get some alone time. Seriously, this identity crisis, the whole power thing, I—AAGH!!
         Giving off a huge punch to the wall, I was blind and deaf enough not to see or hear what had happened. Apparently, my strength is unknown now.
         I hear my family running upstairs to see what the commotion was and when they got to my room, they were shocked, my parents especially.
Mom: (It seems that I can’t keep this hidden any longer. It looks like it’s time to tell him everything now.)
Dad: (Well, looks like we have no choice.)

         As soon as they came in though, I started to kneel, while also burying my head in my arms. Ironically, I didn’t shed a tear. Then again, I don’t cry much anyway.
         “Is there something you’d like to tell me, guys?”
         “(Sigh) Matthew, you may want to sit down for this,” Mom says. “I think it’s time we told you about who we really are, and I don’t mean as if we are hiding exactly, more like... we don’t belong here, really.”
         “You mean like the fact that Lady Marell is standing right behind you guys?” I noticed she walked in here just after my family did via a piece of window. How no one saw her quickly enough is beyond me.
         “Lady Marell?”
         “That’s right, Annabel,” we all heard. Turning around, we see that not only is she standing there, but also fairies are here. Wait, fairies? They’re real!?
         “It seems that my young pupil here hasn’t a clue about his own strength, wouldn’t you all agree?”
         Of course, Stephanie would be answering with her. “Well, expressing the fact that an adolescent Majeylin hasn’t any acknowledgement towards his own limitations especially when the realization of being such a person isn’t known, then it’s basically insult to injury, both emotional and mental.”
         “Hmm, such an intelligent mind at such a young age. It seems that we have a very special Majeylin here.”
         Majeylin? What are they talking about..?


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849167-Explanations-Owed