*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849168-The-Family-Secret-revealed-and-it-aint-cooking
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849168 added May 9, 2015 at 11:36pm
Restrictions: None
The Family Secret revealed... and it ain't cooking
         “Is it really time, Lady Marell?” my mother asks. “I just don’t feel safe with Matthew going out there in the open.”
         “I'm afraid so, Annabel,” the spirit says. “Things are getting much dire in Asteiniera. We have no choice. Matthew here is the last remaining one who is able to even fight the war. Everyone else couldn’t reach our needed standards.”
         “But how exactly is Matthew going to even the odds?” my dad asks. “One alone against a probable infinite… and Retnil...”
         “Jack, you know as well as I do, good will prevail. And as for him, well--”
         “Hello!?” I yell. “I’m still here! Just what in the hell are we talking about!?” It’s very rare for me to lash out, but this was getting on my nerves. “First, I die because of some freak lightning, I go on another plane and meet her, get some weird powers or some stuff like that, and now you’re talking as if I wasn’t even here!? What’s wrong with you people!?”
         I think there was way too much venom in my voice because everyone was shocked. I rarely lash out, but when I do, it sounds really harsh.
         And considering that it was the Seraph and my family I was talking to, I immediately feel a pang of guilt.
         “All is forgiven, Young Matthew,” Lady Marell says. "After all, it is very understandable; who else can claim that they are going through this situation?"
         No duh! “So, please explain to me. What is going on here exactly?” I am so confused!
         “To be blunt with you, Matthew, you are not from this planet. You are a human from a more distant planet named Asteiniera in the galaxy the humans here call Andromeda, but the real name is Rocfanas Serostulten.” I nod in understanding.
         “The people that inhabit Asteiniera are known as Lojarrs, average humans like here on Earth, only much more progressed in many aspects. You, however, are a Majeylin.” Again, nod.
         “A Majeylin is a human who wields a certain attribute and can use it to their will. There are 9 in all, 6 elements and 3 supernatural ones. There is Wind and Earth, Water and Energy, and Ice and Fire. The others are Life, Death, and Spiritual. You, however, possess the power of Energy.”
         “Okay... I think I understand. But... who's Retnil..?”
         The Seraph looked shocked. “You didn't tell him?” she asked my family. Wait, all of them?
         They look down in shame. “Matthew, not only are we not from here, but you also have a... brother... who was left behind...” 'Left behind'?
         “What do you mean?”
         She looked visibly saddened and sighed. “It was 15 years ago, on this exact day. You were just born with assistance from the fairies. Birth is slightly different there than here. Retnil was only a year old and was already showing prowess with his power of Earth.”
         “Earth? Like quakes and flora and such?”
         She nods, “But I will explain later. He was lost in the chaos and has mistaken an enemy for his father. Oh, bless his heart... They eventually recruited him, per se, and he was thought out to believe that his family abandoned him. And now, with revenge in mind, he’s coming here.”
         “Wh--What?” I have a brother... who’s coming here to kill us!? “But how does that apply to me? I don’t have any knowledge of my powers or anything and if I were to go against--” Marell raised a hand.
         “Do not worry, young Matthew. In time you will learn everything you need to know. At the stroke of noon tomorrow, you will see me again in that hut you have on the tree. The term, tree house, is it?” I nod. “And if you happen to be early, they will be there instead.” I just remembered she had fairies around her. One of them nods. I'm guess she's the leader. I see a crown. Very small, but visible enough.
         “I must take my leave. There are some other objectives I need to complete.”
         “Farewell.” A blinding light occurs and she's gone, including the fairies. I give a sigh.
         “When were you guys considering telling me about this?”
         “We were going to tell you today if it wasn’t for all that happened, little bro,” Michelle replies. “But looks like fate beat us to it.”
         I guess they have a point. I start to walk to the doorway and down the stairs but not before a question.
         “Your destination is where, Matt?” Steph asks.
         “I... need time to process all this. Anyone needs me, I’ll... be at the treehouse…” Again, pitiful, but what else can I do?
         What would anyone do knowing that their family kept a secret this big from them? I think my answer is completely justified... even if there is none.
         “Meow?” I heard, Cuddles looking at me with concern. I give her a pat, but really, I have to be alone.
         “Just wait, Cuddles. I'll be back soon.” The one order she doesn't follow is that one. She has a few secret entrances and exits that even I don't only know where they are.
         Once outside the house, I just take a deep breath and get on my way. I look down and wonder how is this all possible. But that will have to answered later. Once at the treehouse, I felt something behind me, despite not using my natural senses. I turn around and see the fairies.
         How I felt they were there, I don't know, but I think it'll be answered soon. Also, befriend these guys. They'll be with you for now on.
         Time for some friendly chat...


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849168-The-Family-Secret-revealed-and-it-aint-cooking