*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849169-How-it-all-began
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849169 added May 9, 2015 at 11:36pm
Restrictions: None
How it all began
         “Oh, hey, you're the fairies from earlier,right?” They nod. “I didn't get your names before.”
         “Right, well, I'm Maybelle,” says one, which I presume is the leader due to the crown I see. Small, but visible enough. Maybelle gas brown braided hair which passes over her shoulders. Her attire is a sleeveless leaf dress, or something like that, in a light green shade. Her height I think reaches up to 6.5", having green eyes.
         “This is Vanessa,” a purple pigtailed fairy with the same colored eyes and attire, but it looks more of a tank top and skirt. Granted, she is a bit more... plump, to be more or less blunt, and is ironically the shortest of them all, maybe 5.5".
         “She's Amber, sister to Vanessa,” the tallest one, maybe 7.5", and I could have sworn that she and Maybelle were sisters since they have the same color palette and same hairstyle. The only difference is that her hair is yellow orangish and longer.
         “And that's Phil,” a Link ripoff basically. Only, his hair is black, his outfit is red and beige, and he has a red hat, all with no weapons. What I just realized is that they have no shoes at all. “We are the last of the pure fairies, in a small clan we call Ocarelin. All others are...”
         “Are what?” I ask, confused.
         “Maybelle, please,” Phil interjected, "don't." He goes up to a tree and sits on a branch, just looking out into the field.
         “Was it something I said?” I ask. I don't like it when people don't like me... or of relation.
         “It's a long story. Actually, it's something we were gonna regale with you. As well as why we followed you; we were hoping for a place to stay on this plane.” Plane? Right.
         “Well, it may seem a bit insufficient, but I do have the treehouse here that you can stay in for now.”
         “Actually, that's perfect. We're used to them anyway; might as well start in one again.”
         I climbed up the ladder, and they follow suit... or rather, they fly up. As soon as I get up on the wooden slabs, I enter the doorway and take it in. Four walls, three windows, one for each side without a door, a table with tools, a lamp and a small TV, since the microwave and radio finally died out, and a few hammocks for birds. I had a few. They never visit.
         “It's not much, but it can be home,” I state. “Why don't you guys settle in? Make yourselves at home.”
         “In a bit,” Maybelle replies. “You still need to be filled in on your history... and your brother.”
         “Oh, right. Well, shoot.”
         “Where do we start..? It all began like this...”
         “It was 15 years ago, just after you were born. Lady Marell was really good friend with your family especially since many favors were done. But it couldn't have come at a worse time.
         “Djinn had his sights set on destroying Asteiniera just for the fun of it. I couldn't do much of anything since I was just born a few months before. I stuck by the Seraph the entire time, hoping that things will go well.
         “Nothing worked: arguing, compromising, fighting; he was relentless.
         “Your brother wasn't doing well either. His name is Retnil, and like Marell said, he too is a Majeylin, controller of Earth and floral power. He's a year older, so you know the math. Unfortunately, he did have a tendency to travel about and combined with the fact that he barely had much comprehension... well, we've only heard that he was left behind. He was taken soon after.

         “You though have the power of Energy, the only element which is considered inanimate and least natural, but is able to do many other abilities. For example:...” She left out a window. Then I heard struggling. Is she carrying something?
         I look out and I was right. An old book, twice the size of a textbook, was coming up. It was close enough for me to grab, but I think she didn't let go because on the bottom was her, grabbing a piece of ripped leather. I could've sworn she was blushing.
         “Thanks for the help; this thing is heavy. Now, let's see here...”
         I open it up and see just how old these pages are. Why isn't there a new edition?
         But I will admit, these actions aren't bad. Energy Ball, Lightning Strike, Sonic Blasts; this will be interesting.
         “You can learn the other attributes later, but right now, we'll start with the first thing here. But you'll have to wait until tomorrow noon for Lady Marell. We're not qualified or are we certified for this.”
         “Hmm. That's fine. So what about you guys? What can you do?”
         “Naturally speaking,” Amber starts, “we are spiritual embodiments who wield Spiritual power. Basically, we set rules for battle, are able to revive and pacify, and even bring a Judgemental action to people. So, really, it's a relative balance to all powers.”
         Ah. So she's the smart one. “Huh. Interesting. Hopefully I can learn ask this before my brother comes here. How's he look like?”
         They bring up a frame and show me. He... looks just like me... if I looked a bit older, rougher, and stronger. Seriously, he must work out. Then again, statistics should say that he should be strong being Earth.
         Hmm...


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849169-How-it-all-began