*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849171-Classes-In-Session
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849171 added May 9, 2015 at 11:37pm
Restrictions: None
Classes In Session
         “Like she said, we'll start tomorrow, so really, I'm not completely concerned yet,” I state. “Honestly, I just came here to process all this.”
         “Take as much time as you need, Matt,” Maybelle said. “After all, no one has to through all that.”
         I give a slight nod. The trio fly up to the roof. Once they're gone, I give a heavy sigh. How did this all be? Why am I the only one to do this?
         Sigh, too many questions, no answer... I should sleep this off. After today, I really like I should reconsider my life...

         I wake up out of sheer force of will, around 7 in the morning even though it's Saturday... and after my birthday, which in all honesty, I didn't feel like celebrating anyway. “Just another day.”
         And one thing I forgot to mention. It takes some time for me to wake up completely, so really, I'm somewhat sleepwalking. And because of yesterday's incident...
         “Aah! Oof!” I wake up fully now, but... did I just fall from the second floor, with no scratches... or pain whatsoever..?
         I look up at the hole. My eyes widen at the size of it. “Whoa...”
         Is that really the strength I have? And did our neighbor notice? We have one next door but the other to my left moved a long time ago. Sigh.
         “Never mind that, but how can we fix this?” Maybe Stephanie will have an answer.
         I go inside through the back door, which luckily is the kitchen. “Morning, guys.”
         “Good morning, Matt,” my family says.
         “That was quite a fall there, son,” my dad states, slightly concerned. “Are you alright?”
         “Yeah, I have nothing injured or anything, so-- and considering the fact that I just woke up to that situation adds hilarity to it as well.”
         “Huh. I don't perceive how that's comical in any factor, but I won't let it ruin your merriment,” Stephanie says. Why she's still in 3rd grade will never be understood by me.
         “Well, I'm passive. Everyone knows that. So, what's for breakfast..? Considering that she didn't eat it all.”
         “You were under much emotional and mental tension yesterday, I figured I can be patient today.”
         I roll my eyes. Her quest for sugar will never end.

         11:30 and I'm waiting at the treehouse. I haven't seen the fairies yet, but by the time they come here, Lady Marell would be as well. That proved to be wrong when I see lights coming here. They do glow. Wonder if it's their magic or something. “Hey, you guys.”
         “Oh, hello, Matt,” Maybelle greets. “Sorry we're late. We had to do a few other things. You'll be able to understand later.”
         “That's fine. So what are we doing?”
         “Well, until Marell gets here, you'll have us to do everything else non power wise.” Like?
         “For example, Matt,” Phil continues, “I can be your field teacher, showing you about all ways and executions of strategies and tactics. There won’t be a situation you wouldn’t be able to solve.”
         “I will be able to teach you all about weaponry,” Amber says, “from the history to the creation and handling you will master. I may even be nice and see if you can try to forge one yourself. Sis here,”
         “will train you in all known combative and fighting styles from easy to impossible. From simple to fictional, there is no tolerance for failure.”
         “And I...” Maybelle concludes, before being enveloped in a growing light, “will be your overall coach to record your progress. I can also teach you about Asteiniera and it's history and standards, even about the Elements Majeylins use.”
         I think that was something of sorcery because the next thing I see is Maybelle almost as tall as me, maybe two inches shorter. I tried to hide my blush but failed.
         She was very beautiful, like those types of girls who you know you'll only see once in your lifetime. Her figure was fairly average for someone her... age... well, maybe a little more developed. I'm wondering if her physical age is 15... Then again, I wouldn't ask; it’s very impolite.
         But I think she caught a glimpse of that since Maybelle exchanged her glance and blushed as well. At least, I think she did. She moved a bit to hide it.
         “Now, don't worry, I'll try not to hurt you... much.” That ended my slight infatuation.
         “What? Ow!” I think I deserved that for starting because when I came to my senses she was flying at me and gave me a roundhouse kick to the chest. “Oof!” It threw me to a tree. I don't know what hurts more, my stomach or my back!
         “Augh! What was that for!?”
         “That was to test your reflexes,” she replies, before walking to help me stand up, “and for staring,” she whispers. The heat went to my face even before she said that when she got closer to whisper. I cleared my throat and looked at the others, more specifically Vanessa, shaking her head.
         “We have have a long way to go...”
         “Indeed we do,” we all heard. I look over and see Lady Marell with her wings tucked back, next to a tree near mine. “It seems my apprentice does have much to learn, and learn he shall.”
         “So, I guess my master is here now.”
         “Oh, Matthew, don't think of it in that manner; think of me as a guide helping you in this journey.”
         “Hmm. Well, if you'd like.” This will get interesting...


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849171-Classes-In-Session