*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852138-Interesting-things-are-bound-to-happen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#852138 added June 21, 2015 at 9:18pm
Restrictions: None
Interesting things are bound to happen...
         “Ugh, rude. And to answer that, I am a neko! That's... what you guys call us, right?” Well, he’s right. Cat ears, tail, paw hands, and feet... Huh.
         “Uh, yeah, Japanese standards, anyway. How are you existing!? I only ever see you type of creatures in electronic stuff!”
         “Oh, in that thing.. Hue-mins.. Call the internet!” I dart my eyes left and quickly look back, seeing if anyone was close by.
         “Uh, yeah, internet. Wh-Where are you from?”
         “Asteinera! So, you ever heard of it? Ma says you guys don't know about it, I say she is wrong!”
         “Technically, I was born there. Humans just don’t know about it due to the fact of--”
         “Wait!? Say that a second time! You are an Asteineran!? You’re not pulling my tail!?”
         “Yes. I’m training right now actually, so if you can take two steps back, one left and rotate to the right, I’d appreciate it so you wouldn’t get blasted by my brother.”
         “‘Brother’!? As in more than one of you!?” He jumped a bit. “He anything like you?”
         “Look and see.” A blast of Earth was pelted to our destination and nearly got my neko companion. Good thing I told him to move. Then, surprise surprise, the trio I left are here.
         “Arseron, what took you so lo--” Everything was silent as they looked at the neko boy. “Huh. So I guess we’re not the only ones who escaped Asteiniera. Who’s he?”
         “I was about to ask the same thing. Now, sorry for asking it like this, but what’s your name, age, race, and statistics?”
         “Warnorkal they called me back on Asteiniera. Mom introduces me to humans as Wayne Ketsomare. Uh, five four, that's height, hope I said it right. I'm a Lojarr, nothing fancy. I guess you are too, due to your bow? A neko, no duh, and Ma always says I'm seventeen. That good enough?”
         “Yeah, that’s good enough, even though you have heavy reliance on others for information, but no, we aren’t Lojarrs, we’re Majeylins; I just have a tendency to use weapons. You keep saying something about a mother; where is she?”
         “At home. The place is called the shelter, I think? There are a lot of humans there; they kinda stink, but, eh it works,” he shrugged.
         I couldn’t believe what I heard. They’re homeless? “Uh, where is that?”
         8 miles later, we’re at the building where the homeless families were. I feel bad, at the same time, not really. I work at a soup kitchen every now and then. You know? Though I do hate these basic office buildings. Terrible service.
         “Uh, how can you walk around here? The humans here aren’t exactly accustomed to seeing anyone Asteinieran.”
         “I just do, most look at me weird, but some kids did ask if I was cosplaying. What is that anyway?”
         “Humans here depict that as one in a costume for either a certain character, species, etc. I can see what they mean; though it does make you seem like you’re being positive through this process. I’d rather not explain it to you; it’s really depressing. So, where is she?”
         “Third floor in our room. Just don't tell her you’re Majeylins.”
         “Why?” I ask, my hand on the door knob.
         “I would rather keep that my secret...” The neko put his hand on the knob. “Now, come on.” What I saw wasn’t that bad, though it was a bit small, even though it’s just these two. His mother was apparently a neko as well, though young looking considering a possible middle age.
         “Who are your friends, kitten?” she asks, very, very motherly.
         “Hello, ma’am, my name is Matt, that’s Judith, and my brother, Ret-- ahem, Reginald.” Yoshi is outside, waiting on the roof.
         “Well, so nice to meet you all. Are you the new neighbors?”
         My eyes dart again. “Uh, no. I just figured it’s weird that I see someone of his nature in a forest. We were walking down when we saw him. Or rather, he saw us... specifically me. Anyway, I just wanted to see who else was from Asteiniera.” I didn’t say anything about being a Majeylin, and I do want to know why the secrecy, but otherwise, she shouldn’t suspect anything.
         “Oh! So you came here as well?" She paused looking at her son and back. “There really is not enough room for so many.”
         “No, no! I, uh, think I may be able to help you out.”
         “Hmm?”
         “Well, what I mean is this...”
         Half an hour later, we’re standing in the middle of the Gardens, next to that hotelish mountainside Retnil worked on. He did so silently as to not say anything about us being Majeylins. Jeni could only stand there in shock.
         “Well, it’s the best I can do for now. Uh, farm is over there, so enough for food and water. You can roam around here and it’s basically a steal since we’re not asking for anything other than information from your side of Asteiniera."
         “Matt, can I have you alone for just a moment?” whispered the neko boy, pulling my shirt a bit. I can see where this is going.
         “Yeah, sure. Lemme guess, the thanking you’re liable to give? Even though it isn’t completely necessary?”
         “That, and can we just not push the subject of Asteiniera too quickly?” he asked, dropping his ears some. “Plus, I just wondered something...”
         “Well, it’s a pretty traumatic experience and I can understand that. What is it, by the way? You need something to accomodate? If you’d like, I can get--”
         He pushed against me, effectively shushing me. “Are you single!?” He asked feeling up my chest. Never mind! Wrong direction!
         I backed away, in shock of what he just asked. “N-No! I’m sorry, but I’m not. And also, again, no offense, but I don’t roll that way.” He was visibly saddened. If his ears weren’t drooped before, they are now.
         “Oh... Am I just not cute enough?”
         “I’m not saying that--”
         “Then!--” No!
         “-- but don’t you dare mix up my words! I’ve been victim of that way too many times. So please, no. Look, I’m sorry that this is all I can do for you two. But unless you need something, that isn’t a relationship, unless it’s advice, then I just can’t help otherwise.” Just then, Judith walks towards me.
         “So, Matt, we training or what?” she asks, oblivious to all the drama that just happened. Though, her holding my arm is giving off the right message... hopefully.
         “Just a sec. So, Wayne--”
         “Yes, Matty-kun?” I see that his eyes are fixed at an uncomfortable spot. Where have I heard that term before..? Let’s just finish this.
         “Just, uh, stay out of trouble and in here. We do have residents here that have their own rules. If there’s nothing else, I’m off to train.” What it is for exactly, however, is still beyond me, but I do need an excuse as well. “Let’s go.” We run it over to the Zoo,
         Now that we’re out of earshot, Judith takes the initiative. “What was he asking you about?”
         “Relationship status,” I reply, earning a gasp from Judith, more sad than anger. “Though I did say I wasn’t interested. You kinda blocked me from saying anything else when you came into the picture. I didn’t want to say anything in fear of him attacking either me or you.”
         “Aw, that’s sweet, Matt, but you do know you can’t hide this forever, right?”
         “That’s what I’m worried about. Why can’t we say we’re Majeylins? What secrets are they holding? These things are on my mind and I really need to figure them out. Though, they aren’t really my top priority. What is is to protect this place until we see what we can do to save Asteiniera.”
         She nods and we set our destination to the Zoo. If I hadn’t said it before, the Zoo is a remote place, about a mile to the right of the entrance. It’s covered in a crystal that’s unbreakable and can only be controlled by Lady Marell. We started training there a few days ago, something about an expansion of training horizons, or so says MAybelle and Phil. But something was off. I see shards of rock everywhere and it’s too shiny to be a regular rock...
         The tracks don’t help either. They’re headed to... oh, no..!
         “Retnil!”
         We both run back to the main field and see so much chaos and damage done. Sorry, but I have to do this; otherwise, me saving everyone will be crossed off the list!
         A few centaurs and giants, only 20 feet however, have been causing destruction around here, and the others are trying to put a leash on things. Taking out my bow, I start to team up with Judith and aim for, the least, some vital thing. I needn’t worry; if they die, the get resuscitated in the Zoo.
         One arrow managed to hit the heart of a centaur. It neighed loudly in pain and died. He turned into light and disappeared.
         The same happened with the other creatures, though it did take some close quarters combat to counteract with the giants.
         “Judith, Retnil, get the last one!”
         “Got it!” They head off for the last centaur, which I see has a lot of power, meanwhile I get the last giant, headed for my new friends!
         “Aw, forget it. Look out!” With inhuman speed, I rush over and shield them with an electric field, both astounding them and the giant due to his fists smashing on it and therefore electrocuting himself.
         However, I felt something else in this field. Something like anger...
         “Don’t you dare hurt them! Lightning Strike!” A charge from the field was sent over to the enemy effectively killing it. Seeing as how everything seems safe, I turn the field off, hoping that--
         “Augh!” A sword was jabbing at me from behind. A punch was soon followed. IT sent me rolling over a few feet. Due to the sudden impact, I was paralyzed a bit and I couldn’t get up. However, I do hear a few footsteps slowly coming towards me. I can’t tell who it is; this wound is way too painful even for healing myself. Then again, it was close to my heart.
         “Filthy Majeylins!” I heard. “I knew something was funny from the instant I saw you. Asteiniera wasn’t enough for you to conquer, so you decide to spread your disease to this poor planet!?” A powerful kick sent me another few feet, but this time, I’m able to at least open my eyes.What the hell!?
         “Jeni!?”

RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852138-Interesting-things-are-bound-to-happen