*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852378-Kindness-isnt-always-a-virtue-What-I-would-do-for-love
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#852378 added June 24, 2015 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Kindness isn't always a virtue; What I would do for love...
         “That’s right,” she replies. “Now, hold still so I can kill you!” She was about to slam the blade on me but my quicker reflexes apparently outmatch hers.
         “Why are you doing this!?” I ask, hoping to get something before I have to draw my sword as well.
         “Your kind is the reason we are suffering and barely living! You are the reason Asteiniera is overrun! Prepare to die!”
         Her speed was faster than I thought. Before it was too late, we start clashing metal and making no progress whatsoever. I didn’t want to hurt her, but if she doesn’t stop soon, my instincts may take over.
         “Not my mate!” It shot through me. Did he just call me what I think he did? “You promised whoever I chose, you wouldn't hurt them!” He sounded well like an angry cat.
         “He is a Majeylin, a plague, not a mate, kitten!” I thought she was gonna crush me. She seemed to be one step ahead. "Plagues only breed more and need to die!” She came close to killing me but something tackled her.
         “I said, ‘leave him alone’!” I stood staring for a moment before I realized Wayne tackled her. I was shocked to see how far he would go to protect me... despite the fact that my feelings can’t be returned either way.
         Healing myself before it was too late, I stood up and flew just high enough for her not to reach me. She crazy!
         “What is your damn problem, Jeni!?” I yelled. “What do you have against us!? I didn’t do anything to you; why did you attack!?”
         “Matt! Don't push it, I said!”
         “Look, I appreciate the gesture. However, I’m afraid I cannot return those feelings.”
         Out of the corner of my eye, I see that Retnil and Judith are getting closer to me, unaware about the drama that just happened. And I think Judith saw my scar since she gasped.
         “Matt, what happened!?” She rushed over, tending to my wounds, receiving a gasp from Wayne.
         “Let go of my Matty-kun!” He jumped up and nearly clawed her eyes out. I shielded her and got scratched myself, somewhat regretting the decision, but anything is worth protecting her. Retnil then made a tower platform to have him stand on.
         “Don’t you dare touch her,” I whisper harshly. His claws were long, at least 3 or 4 inches, and he somewhat scraped my throat.
         “Why is she touching you!? You said I was cute and that I had taken you!?” he hissed, still keeping mildly quiet.
         Judith healed me after pulling me back a bit to get away from his range. “Okay, first of all, I said I didn’t want to say anything about cuteness. I mean, I have a cat so there’s that. Secondly, I never said anything about being taken by you. And third, she’s my girlfriend!”
         Those words probably must have hit him hard. His visible eye became watery reflecting the gold color as he brushed the tears away. I caught a glimpse of the other eye hidden behind his purple pink bangs.
         His ears were pointed towards the ground, tail dropped hanging close to limp. His tears were flowing like rivers. “I... I thought you were accepting, understanding, and actually liked me." He got out between sniffles.
         I felt a huge pang of guilt, especially since it’s because it’s in front of his racist mother. “Look, I’m sorry, Wayne, but I don’t roll that way.I just hope that we can still be allies. I’m sure that you can find someone out here in Earth.”
         “But you...” he sniffed. “They wouldn't get it and hold me, like such a sweet guy like you can,” he was bawling again,”and I don't want just some guy. I want you!”
         Just his tears alone brought me to them... nearly. Trust in my self righteous suicide, I cry when angels deserve to die. “Wayne, I...”
         Because I can’t take anymore heartache, I just fly the hell out of there, not caring about the scene I left or how much blood I spilt. Right now, I just want to be alone to get away from all the sadness. Matter of fact, reader, leave me alone for at least an hour.
         (3rd) Everyone could only stand there, dumbfounded about what just happened. Judith feels pity, Retnil is confused, Jeni is enraged, Wayne is still heartbroken, and Maybelle just appeared on the scene.
         “What just happened..?” she asked slowly. Judith explained everything that happened, even the fact to why there was blood on the grass. Since Wayne knew Maybelle was a fairy, he had a favor to ask.
         “Uh, lady? Maybelle?” Wayne said, still clearing tears away as he approached her “I...I. I wish I was matt's girlfriend!” shouted the neko boy eyes fixed on the fairy.
         “I-I’m sorry!?” Maybelle replies, taken aback at the sudden outburst. “What do you mean?”
         “I mean me!" he says, pointing to himself. “Not her, me! I want to be his girlfriend!” He continued shouting gesturing between Judith and his own body. "If he won't have me because of this,” he dropped his pants devoid of underpants, forcing everyone to cover their sight, “then I will change to have him! And show that we are meant to be!” He stood tall, hands on his hips, eye glaring.
         “Ugh. Okay, first of all!” Maybelle says, angry for the first time, “you’re making a really stereotypical and racist claim of me being a fairy!” As she’s explaining, she pushed Wayne back, having Retnil extend the platform more. “Second, I can’t even begin to register this at all anymore! Judith is his girlfriend. Period. I can’t change that! Third!--” She spiritually brings up his pants, “Have! You! No! Shame!?”
         Maybelle was about to slap his face in, but stopped when she realized the traumatizing speech she just gave is very off character. And Even I think that’s way off. But more to the point, “Where is he anyway?” Her softness came back.
         Retnil checks his Sensor. “About a mile south of here.”
         “(Sigh) I’ll be back.” ‘Also, I wanted to be his girlfriend too! Shut up already!’ “Besides, the best thing I can do is to make you forget what just happened these last five minutes. So unless you want that, then--”
         “You! Know! What! I want!" He pauses with a devious grin turning from her. “Unless you just aren't as powerful as you claim.”
         “Right, kitten, only a fraud would be with those things!” Came Jeni's voice tauntingly, if anyone she knew her own sons tricks even if she disapproved. This time anyway.
         “That’s it. They won’t remember anyway, so--” Making a clone, she smacks both the faces of Wayne and Jeni, casts a spell by bringing out a few crystals, and a flash of light appeared out of nowhere. Everything that happened 10 minutes ago was forgotten by anyone Lojarr.
         The two were groaning as they were trying to realize where they were.
         “Ouch, gotta lay off the catnip,” Wayne groaned getting a go to your room look from his equally disoriented parent. However, the spell was only so effective. They still remember the fact that Matt and his family are Majeylins. Well, the family here, anyway. Wayne gets more aroused on that fact, Jeni still has her hatred.
         And since the maximum speed of a fairy is, unknown, Maybelle gets to Matt no problem.
         (Matt) I’m standing on a cliff, at least 2 miles from the entrance. I’m looking out to the null void of light and fog, in which sounds like a waterfall. Sigh. I just hope a miracle happens. Hmm?
         “Hey, Matt,” I hear.
         “Maybelle?” I'm not exactly up for conversation. As soon as I see it's her, I look off into the distance again.
         “Having trouble with what just happened?”
         “Yeah...”
         “Well, fear not, it shouldn't be a problem anymore. A complicated spell later, they forgot what happened the past few minutes.” Oh, thank God.
         “Sigh, thanks.”
         “Don't mention it.” It takes me a bit to compose myself again. Afterward, I head back to the main field, which is void of dead corpses, but now Jeni still has hatred and Wayne is still looking at me with bedroom eyes.
         “I think that's enough training for today.”

Wednesday, 7/3, we're back and training harder than usual. Apparently, we're dealing with different elements now. Some the fairies think it's imperative that we learn about them, their effects, strengths, weaknesses, etc, and I think it's actually beneficial that we do so. Wait, what elements are the other Majeylins?
         “So, let me get this strait: the opposites are Earth and Wind, Energy and Waste, and Fire and Ice?”
         “That's pretty much it. As well as Life and Death. Now that you're more acquainted, let's see how you do now. Elemental Assist: Hydro Cannon!”
         “Whoa!” A blast of water was sent to us and nearly grazed me. It landed on a rock and believe it or not, disintegrated it upon contact.
         “Geez! What easy that, acid!?” Judith exclaims.
         “Kinda. Sometimes Assist gets random, especially with Water moves.”
         “This will take a while...”

It didn't take long for me to us to get more or less even with the other elements. Sure, it was a pain, but it's for a good cause. Actually, to say the truth, it wasn’t really all that bad. Fire and Ice was easy, Water was a bit of a challenge, but Wind might be troubling for Retnil. Apparently, and ironically speaking, he doesn’t like heights he can’t control. Meaning, he can be in a rock tower even a mile high and not have an effect, but he can’t stand, literally, being even 10 feet high wind wise.
         Not that I hold him for it. We all have some form of backlash.
         Mine apparently is getting Wayne and Hannah off my back. Speaking of which, I haven’t seen him all day. And not that I’m completely concerned, but he usually does go for an evening stroll. And his mother is quite the b--
         “So, date night Friday, Matt?” Judith asks. We finished training about 10 minutes ago. It’s now 6.
         “Sure. 7?”
         “Great!”
         I give a nod and she leaves. I look off into the sunset and sigh.
         (3rd) Meanwhile, Wayne is far into the east woods section looking for Maybelle. “Lady Maybelle! Hey! Is anyone home!” Shouted the neko, pushing through some underbrush. After travelling a bit, he reaches her treehouse, which in retrospect is somewhat ironic. However, she was trying out a few things with some potions here and there, going left and right grabbing objects for stuff.
         “Lemme guess: you’re here to see if I can do what you asked?” she asks.
         “Yes. Wait, what? Now you're a mind reader!?"
         “No, I can sense your desperation. Also, you haven’t stopped dropping hints about it.” Pulling out a parchment, it unravels into many things with an apology mixed in. “So, I’ll allow it, but on certain conditions.”
         “What, are they exactly..?" His tone holding a lot of sass.

RaNd0Mk1D8o3I



RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852378-Kindness-isnt-always-a-virtue-What-I-would-do-for-love