*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852379-Dealing-with-a-Fairy-An-old-friend
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#852379 added June 24, 2015 at 9:35pm
Restrictions: None
Dealing with a Fairy; An "old" friend...
         “Well, for one, I can’t break the relationship of Matt and Judith; it’s against the law even for Marell.”
         “What!? Who came up with these stupid rules, anyway!? Ugh, but go on anyway.”
         “I know, but there’s nothing I can do about that. Second, you’ll only have 16 hours at the stroke of midnight.”
         “Oh, and you say I'm racist, but fine, I'll get them to split up on my own. So where do I sign?”
         “Here.” She give out her hand. Not for signing, of course; there is no pen around here.
         “Uh, a handshake? Do I look like I do tricks?”
         “Do you want this or not? This isn’t staying all day.”
         “Fine, pushy...” He lays his paw on her hand. “Now what?”
         “This.” A bright light was emitted from their hands and it stated scaring him. He wanted to let go, but the deal was still being made. It all dies down in seconds. They separated then.
         “Well, I hope you get happy.” ‘But, not really. There’s no way you can break them up.’ “Remember, it begins midnight. Also, I hope you know what you’re doing.”
         “No sweat. How bad can this be?” He prowls away to his home.
         “(Whisper) Well, the fact that you’ll be human.”

(Matt) Thursday, 7/4. It’s all become training. Attack here, defend there. Well, screw this. We need a break.
         And ironically speaking, there wasn’t anything for us to do anyway. Lady Marell thought we deserved a little break. Retnil admits to liking training more than relaxing. I said there’s more to life than that, but he’s stubborn, more than Yoshi and Stephanie when fighting for the last donut... the size of porcelain.
         I’m walking inside the Gardens and expected for Wayne to tackle me as he does every day... or Hannah. But today’s a thursday, so I suspect she’s in the city with her gal pals. Good. However, I haven’t seen him all day yesterday or today. It’s around 2 in the afternoon. Eh, whatever. It works. He’s getting kinda annoying with this whole shtick. I wouldn’t ask Jeni; she doesn’t even condone it just because I’m a Majeylin. Racist.
         So I call up my friends, asking if we can hang at the mall. They agree, as long as I can provide some sort of ride. All I have is a bike... an overpowered bike capable of carrying at least a ton due to it’s high quality trailer my Dad made. We needed to haul stuff before. Why shouldn’t this work?
         “And we’re off!” This electric assist is useless without me now.
         (3rd) But really, it isn’t as Matt thinks. Wayne is here, but only with a bit of a... modification, for term lacking.
         Right now, dream induced, he’s lapping his hand, not knowing why it tasted funny now.
         “Eww... what did I get on me..? Am I getting sick..? I feel hot, but not..? W-why is it hard to breath..? Hey, that's kinda soft and ooh...” He gets up and comes into view with a mirror, though, he doesn’t know it.
         “Well hello, who are you.. Wait!?” He shot straight up feeling around she stopped for a moment looking at the clock. “Three in the afternoon. What the, what kind of a dream was that?”
         Looking around though, Wayne realizes this is no dream. Quickly, he, now she, got up going to the bathroom. Turning on the light, she looked in the mirror. “The hell!? Where did my ears go!?” She shouted, looking through the new mass of purple hair all the way down to the bottom pink layers. She quickly grabbed behind her. “No tail! She double-crossed me!” the new girl heaved, her a little above average endowments moving with her heavy breaths.
         Standing with rage and some awe, her own amber-gold eyes stared back, delicate manicured hands touched a face softer than before and as she kept looking, she was no shorter. Somehow she had ended up in a flat colored pink short dress trimmed in some black lace along with some similarly pink knee high socks, stripped in cyan to match the bows positioned where her feline ears used to be.
         “Damn it, Maybelle, what the hell did you do to me!?” she shouted, to no one in particular. However, Jeni heard it.
         “Kitten, did you hurt yourself that way again? It sounds like it?" She shouted through the bathroom door
         “Yes, mom, and no, I don't want the ointment either.”
         “Well, ok, but if you have any trou--”
         “Mom I’ll be fine, it will go away on its own!" She could almost feel her mother sulk away from the door. "Maybelle is gonna pay!" She yelled to herself. Grabbing the footwear that was near his bed, a pair of small black slip on flats, she runs, with some difficulty due to new aspects of physics. Wayne gets to Maybelle’s house and gets really disappointed. She isn’t there.
         “Maybelle! I know you're watching this place! Now get here and explain!” she shouted to the sky expecting something, anything. Getting nothing, she looks around something to indicate where she went And for some reason, her diary is out here. “This is a trap; no one leaves this in plain sight, not even me,” she whispered to herself. But she hesitantly grabs it and nothing happens.
         As she opens it, it’s really useless information about how things went, what some debates are for, why, etc, and some mental notes about stuff. But the last note was interesting.
         “What’s this?” The note was interesting. It was about today. And Matt. Actually, the last few were about Matt, ever since like 2 weeks ago:
         “-- but otherwise, I think the color is okay. Now, today, Matt has the idea of going to the mall instead of training and I for one think it’s ridiculous. Sure, they need a break every now and then, but at the same time, the Elites are coming. I wouldn’t usually follow, and I kinda want to for whatever reason, but I do have to travel to the Dream Dimension for some ingredients.
         “And apparently, they’re really important. Some spirits are running amuck--”

         “Yeah, yeah, who cares about that. What I want to know is when is she com-- and did this mention he’s at the mall? Score!”
         She dropped the book with no second thoughts. Wayne had followed Matt there once before by hiding in his sports bag. Still no clue why he brought it but she remembered the odd robotic voice doling out the names of the streets on the way. Though running was still proving the challenge, the bus would not. Once Wayne caught up anyway.
         As soon as the mall appeared, she gets off, trying to get to Matt without attracting attention... that isn’t intentional. Apparently, she’s more attractive than she thought.
         “Now all the guys stare,” she mumbled, thinking it would have been nice to know where Matt actually was. Then a sound.
         Laughter was spreading through a food court as Matt, Judith, and a whole bunch of other Earthlings sat at a certain table.
         “Oh, hey, Matty!" Wayne shouted out of pure instinct before the circumstances actually made her quiet quite quickly. Richard, Aaron, and Firence was checking her out. Matt however, was confused
         (Matt) Who’s she? Look awfully familiar...
         “Wait a minute, I know her..! Luna!?” I exclaim.
         “Hey, Matty!” I heard her resume as she made a slight skip toward us. “So, Matt, didn't know you would be at the mall?” She swayed as stood there and brushed her hair to the side a bit.
         “Sorry, I’ve been busy lately. You guys remember Luna, right?” I ask, most of them nodding. “Judith, Luna was one of my other friends in the school. She helped me out during school. Speaking of which, I thought your boyfriend would’ve come with you..?”
         “M-my boyfriend!? Yea! Yea, he... had some problems, had to cancel. Been a bit boring, but hey, I found you guys!” she gestured to us, bouncing a bit.
         “Well, alright. Come, sit. We were just going over a few good high school times.”
         I see her take a seat, the only one that was open, and was near me. But as we’re going over stuff, I keep noticing weird things.
         First, Luna’s a bit uneasy about Judith holding on to me by my arm. Second, I’m not sure if she’s trying to get attention since her clothing is a bit more promiscuous than she usually wears. Third, this:
         “So, Matt, how’d you and Judith get together?”
         I was taken aback a bit by that question. However, I reply. “Well, she came into the neighborhood the day after my birthday. And well, I kinda was hoping to get to know her better. Apparently, she had the same idea.”
         Judith continues, “We had the same interests, the same likings, a few other things.” I’m guessing the Majeylin fact. Luna’s close, but not that close. “Our time together was so romantic. And he especially said it around the first date.”
         “Ooh!” came from the table. I told them my first date ever would be there.
         “Well, I didn’t want to spare an expense, Judith. You’re worth it.”
         She giggles and kisses my cheek, getting taunts from the others and a slightly jealous look from Luna. Then again, I feel somewhat bad. She did tell me she had a small attraction, but it wasn’t as great as this. Also, her relationship has been having issues.
         “Can I ask something?” so she does.
         “You already did.”
         “Hee hee hee, no silly, I meant, why Judith? You could’ve gotten any other girl and you chose her. Just tell me; I feel gossipy.”
         “Simple. She’s a beautiful girl with a great personality, a kind and caring attitude, and is just overall a great girl. I couldn’t ask for anything more.”
         “Aw, you’re sweet,” Judith replies, hugging me again. And for some reason, why does it feel that something is off?
         This isn’t right...

RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852379-Dealing-with-a-Fairy-An-old-friend