*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853044-Im-in-Love-with-an-Inanimate-Object
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#853044 added July 1, 2015 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
I'm in Love with an Inanimate Object
Yes, I admit it freely. . . I'm in love with an inanimate object. Personally, I think we all are on some level - well, maybe that's just what I want to believe. For instance, I'm pretty sure my dad is in love with his '49 Dodge, and my brother and niece pay a lot of attention to a volley ball (and Tom Hanks too - poor Wilson).

So here I confess. . .

I'm in love with sharpies! I can't get enough; plus, they always come out with new kinds or new colors. They have a set that is based on the '80's! Who could resist that? Not me, that's for sure.

I love them. . . to the point of not wanting to share them with almost anybody. I mean normally I'll share anything with anyone, especially children, but we are talking SHARPIES!
It's not because they are expensive, which they are. I don't really know why - maybe I'm reverting to a 2 year old because the only reason I can come up with is because they are mine!

I gave some special ones to my husband as a wedding gift - Gold, Silver, and Bronze - that's special, baby! Okay, that wasn't all I got him, but I was trying to demonstrate the depths of my love for him. Which now is causing me a little guilt because yesterday I took them out of his desk drawer and colored with them! But I gave the picture to him - doesn't that count for something? Okay, maybe not.

You may be asking yourself things like "I thought Audra was in her 40's" or "Does she realize she's admitting to doing a kindergarten activity by choice on her summer vacation?". Well, here's the truth - you bet your buttons I'm admitting to coloring and yep, I'm 46. I love it! I'm not particularly talented at it, but something in me has always loved to color. Maybe it is the enjoyment of completing something that doesn't require physical labor or much depth of thought or concentration.

To me, sharpies equal smiles. I will share with my husband though. He can use his wedding present anytime he wants. . . he'll just need to get them out of my Sharpies box.

Color the world,

A. Branson

© Copyright 2015 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853044-Im-in-Love-with-an-Inanimate-Object