*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853361-A-Poem-Strengths-and-Weaknesses--I-Am-Positivity-Power
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#853361 added July 4, 2015 at 8:50pm
Restrictions: None
A Poem, Strengths and Weaknesses & I Am... Positivity Power
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 486


Create me something-- anything using these words: Heat wave, bubbly, laughter, red, white, blue and fire fighter. Pick some or use them all but let your creativity take you where ever.

The heat waves shimmer across the asphalt
Radiating up from the surface
Leaving the world with a distorted ripple
As heat drips and thickens
Children, their laughter bubby with delight,
Watch as a firefighter cranks the hydrant
And sends precious water spewing into the air
Rapturous they dance in the cascading torrent
Basking in the cool refreshment
Of this Red, White and Blue holiday celebration.


Happy July 4th my American friends.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Eighty!


5. Time for a personal inventory. List your areas of strength and weakness. Discuss how you developed those strengths. What can you do to turn those weaknesses into strengths? How do you feel about them, are they are source of pride or embarrassment why or why not?

I am kind and considerate to others
I hide from conflict and things that bother me.
I enjoy being on my own and am not afraid to try things alone.
I often keep to my self to much.
I love working with children and young adults with special needs.
I love working with primary students - Kindergarten to grade 4.
I am a poor communicator when conflict arises in a personal relationship - I fear a fight will be the end of the relationship.
I keep things that bother me to myself.
I am a bit of a hoarder - particularly when books are concerned.
I am creative.
I am spiritual and believe in God and Jesus.
I believe the best of people.
I try to listen to that still small voice that guides me on my journey.

3. Find a quote that you love, but one that you have never heard before. What does it mean to you?

Right now I am reading Joel Osteen's book Becoming a Better You. I like his upbeat ideas and though some of you may scoff at his positive take on the Bible, there is solid truth in what he has to say.

"If you make the mistake of allowing this negative self-talk to take root, it not only saddens your spirit, but it also limits how high you can go in life." (p.1221-2)

Too often we let negative messages hold us back and chip away at our self esteem. To be confident, we need to replace those messages with positive ones. They don't have to be God centered, but they have to had a positive impact and shut down those limiting negative suckers.
Believe that you can do it. Give yourself positive 'I am' messages that will bolster your spirit.

I am confident.
I am capable.
I am creative.
I am talented.


Pretty soon, you will be believing these positive messages and affirmations... and great things will come... in time. Stay faithful in staying positive and your life will improve.

I am blessed. I am prosperous. I am healthy. I am continually growing wiser. I am excelling in my career; God is helping me to succeed. I have a positive opinion about myself because I not only do I know who I am, but I know whose I am - I belong to Almighty God.... and he doesn't make junk!



© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/853361-A-Poem-Strengths-and-Weaknesses--I-Am-Positivity-Power