*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856501-Books-that-I-have-trouble-finishing--Songs-of-my-Childhood
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#856501 added August 4, 2015 at 9:12pm
Restrictions: None
Books that I have trouble finishing & Songs of my Childhood
Welcome To My Reality - Week Eighty - Five


2. How bad does a book have to be for you to stop reading, or do you always plow through no matter what? Tell us about the last book you had trouble finishing.

I usually try to finish... I may set it aside and read something else but I often come back to it. Some books I have abandoned if I see no hope of getting through. I think I gave up on the Shipping News. Written by an American, Annie Proulx,. about coming home to Newfoundland - it was said to be a darkly comic novel. I just could not get into it, so I abandoned even trying to. It even won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, I find I do not like books or movies that win awards - they are just too dry for me.

3. Share some songs that remind you of your childhood.





One Tin Soldier and Benny and the Jets. The first is one of the first adult songs I learned the words to and sang - I was 5. The second was on a Elton John album one of my babysitter's (Mrs. Cameron) children liked. I loved singing along to that song as well. I think Rocket Man is on the same album. I still really enjoy Elton John songs. As for One Tin Soldier - I like songs that tell a story. That is why I also enjoyed The Wreck of The Edmond Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot.

I'm such a 70's child.

Joni Mitchel was also a favourite - I enjoyed her album Court and Spark. Big Yellow Taxi was a great song and I have heard it in a remake (Counting Crows).

I also liked Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle.

Abba was fun - my friend Sally and I used to sing along to their songs - she played the dark haired girl and I was the blond - Dancing Queen.



I also liked These Boots Are Made For Walking by Frank Sinatra's daughter - Nancy Sinatra. This song was actually done before I was born but I still love it.

I enjoyed the Sonny and Cher show as well.



© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856501-Books-that-I-have-trouble-finishing--Songs-of-my-Childhood