*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856863-Lodging-on-Day-7
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#856863 added August 8, 2015 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
Lodging on Day 7
30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 7 - Friday August 7, 2015


It's 43 degrees Fahrenheit... 6 degrees Celsius this morning...brrrr! The fire went out over night. so breaking up camp this morning won't be hard. We are going to Cody Lodging for the weekend. Yes, hot showers and real beds for two nights. Don't try to talk me into more, it won't work. We are re-stocking supplies, so if you need something now is the time to grab it.
Today, we are going on a horseback adventure... hope you are up to a good ride, we are going exploring the area. Let us know what you discover and what appeals to you here besides the luxury of a comfy bed and a shower.


http://www.yellowstonenationalpark.com/codylodging.htm
Check out the link, it will give you lots of ideas about what to do while there.
Don't get to tired... we have a horse shoe competition on Saturday.


Another cold one. Brrr is right. It's like stumbling around at my Grandparent's place before Gramzie lights the wood stove. I don't want to get out of my sleeping bag, but nature calls and I must answer.

Thank goodness we are heading to Cody Lodging. Two days of warmth... I wonder if I can recharge my Surface? It may be a little silly to bring technology on a camping trip... particularly on one that requires you to carry all your worldly possessions but I think this small piece won't kill me.
I checked out some of those accommodations in Cody... wow. Some of them are mighty fine. Almost don't want to leave the room... I would love to find a pool and a hot tub. There should also be laundry facilities to clean my clothes and get my stuff back in order for the more rougher treks. First thing... a long, hot shower.

I wouldn't mind picking up a sweatshirt souvenir of the area - practical in that I can wear it and keep it as a memory of our time here. Be cool if I could everyone to sign the thing before we head home.

Horseback riding should be interesting, though I am a little nervous being on the back of a horse. I love horses... I just prefer to meet them face to face, not with my butt on their back. Hopefully, I will get a kind, patient horse who can handle my nerves. I expect to be fine once we get going.

The Trail:
http://www.yellowstonenationalpark.com/images/CANYNDTL.GIF

The write up for the 2 hour horseback ride is:
Canyon 2 Hour Ride:
This ride leaves the corral, heading into timber and crossing a large meadow and some burn area. The ride continues along the rim of the Cascade Canyon through which Cascade Creek flows. A nice view into the canyon is possible from Coyote Slide. The ride returns to the corral through a series of meadows. (Cascade Canyon is not to be confused with the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone; the Grand Canyon is not visible from the trail.)

The views should be amazing. Fresh air and open country. Wildlife at a distance. Should be good - hope there is a hot tub for my sore muscles later.



© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/856863-Lodging-on-Day-7