*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857464-Yellowstone-Day-15-and-other-fun-stuff
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#857464 added August 15, 2015 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
Yellowstone Day 15 and other fun stuff
The museum of the National Park Ranger tells about the history of rangers in the national Park service. Rangers are evolved from the military. They span the 19th through to the present 21st century. wow the building is a 1908 military outpost. I am not sure what Yellowstone needed protection from between 1886 and 1918? I bet the buffalo robe exhibit is great I always wanted to see an authentic buffalo robe.

Ok Yellowstone NP was created when President Ulysses S. Grant signed the Act of dedication. This brought the area and land into the public eye. The resources of the park were largely unknown for some years and different expeditions into the area to create maps and discover what was there caused congress to pass the Lacey Act of 1894. The park was in the hands of the military for some years.

Steamboat Geyser has not erupted since 1991 and if it has a large eruption it could go 380 feet in the air, I don't want to be there to get hit with the spray and the Norris Geyser Basin is the hottest in the Park. There was a fire that decimated the forests of the basin so now it is a recovering forest.

Service from the lodge I love it. Oh look someone put a cold hot dog in my lunch bag, o.k. who did it?

Last nights thunderstorm gave me a chance to catch up on my reading . I finished Book 3 and will start book 4 tomorrow. Have to keep up with my Monthly Reading Challenge.

I'm riding a horse, even an imaginary horse back ride is better than no horse back ride.

Windows 10 has a little not thing that can be kept on a website but I could not figure out how to cut and paste it and it does not put my emoticons in quickly. I am going looking for some instruction today about the new Microsoft browser or I'm going back to Fire Fox. Some things are really great about the browser other things not so good Maybe I just need some instruction.

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857464-Yellowstone-Day-15-and-other-fun-stuff