*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857658-Yellowstone-day-17
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#857658 added August 17, 2015 at 10:51am
Restrictions: None
Yellowstone day 17
Because of the mountainous area we will probably be riding up some grades. Other wise twenty one miles would not be to bad. The Grandchildren and I do a trail with gradual rises 6 miles out and 6 miles back in about 30 minutes. It will take longer for twenty one miles. Galitan has a road for the bikes. Any way I ride slowly so I will probably be last to reach the goal. If I take pictures it will be even longer.

Gardner's Hole camping is really out of the way it will be a fun place to camp and probably wildlife in the area to see. I will roll out my sleeping bag and watch the stars.

Vault toilets are at least a step up from outhouses. Outhouses are a hole in the ground and you dump in a scoop of lime to keep it melting down. Then move the outhouse when the hole fills up.*Facepalm*

Vault toilets built by the army engineers have to be pumped. They are trying to upgrade the systems to newer ventilated systems because now 2 double standard vault toilets have to be pumped in Yellowstone 3 times a year because of the amount of use. Now, they have installed newer forced air systems with the use of Solar Power. They are designed for evaporation which reduces waste. The waste remains aerobic which reduces odor and only have to be pumped once a year. It is difficult to dispose of the waste so as time goes on they will be upgrading campgrounds with newer systems. Probably not the newest systems at Gardner's Hole.

I really need to take up fly-fishing. Fresh caught fish tastes good cooked on a campfire. All this moving around I am finally getting more oriented to the entries to Yellowstone and states that border the Park.


© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857658-Yellowstone-day-17