*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858001-Virtual-Yellowstone-Day21
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#858001 added August 21, 2015 at 4:13pm
Restrictions: None
Virtual Yellowstone Day21
*Dolphin* Yes! I'm jumping for joy and *Starstruck*

The Roosevelt Lodge is my kind of place. In 1903 President Theodore Roosevelt camped near where the Lodge is built. He loved the heartland of the USA. In his first year as President he increased Federal Forest Reserves. While camping at Yellowstone with a wildlife writer, the Park superintendent and a small troop, he was indulging his love of the outdoor life. He loved camping, wildlife, riding horses, seeing new scenery, and outdoor pursuits.He also dedicated the Stone Archway at the North entrance to Yellowstone on this trip. (reference: according to Rebecca Heim at www.wyohistory.org) Roosevelt wrote letters to Dr. Chatt Merriman about wildlife and birds in the park.

The Lodge has a wide front veranda type porch complete with rocking chairs and scenery. There is a stage coach adventure ride. Also, trail riding on horses. It is positioned near the Tower Falls. Really I would love to ride in a real stage coach.

In grade school we put on plays for the PTA about settlers of the USA. We wore long dresses and made our own sun bonnets. Just the type of attire needed on the stage coach.

There is a trail near the Tower Falls that gives a great view. When the light hits the Falls just right it throws out a rainbow. At certain times of the day the cliffs turn violet. It is a lovely spot to see birds and beauty.

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858001-Virtual-Yellowstone-Day21