*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858154-3-Days-of-Virtual-Camping-in-Yellowstone-Park
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#858154 added August 23, 2015 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
3 Days of Virtual Camping in Yellowstone Park
30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 20


Who would have guessed how much fun people would have creating their unique costumes, I radioed the ranger service and let them know we are staying one more night here. So you have more time to prepare your costumes and your stories for the fire ... I know I saw a couple really scary creations, one that could easily be mistaken for a sasquatch akaskeason.
Now, I know they are grown adults but Charlie and Cinn went to gather what they needed for their costumes and it has been over 8 hours since they've been seen. What do you think... leave them to their own devices, contact the rangers, or should we form a search party?

SEARCH PARTY!

And I don't want to alarm anyone but the ranger service did say there are brush fires north of us, so we need to be aware of what is happening around us and take every precaution with our campfire. Has anyone seen a wildfire before?

I don't think I have seen any first hand, but the after effects have been close. Close to my grandparents farm, a fire raged up to the road before it was contained. This would have been terrifying for her as she has lived through 2 huge forest fires - both when she was in elementary school. For them they carted all their belongings up onto a hill to make sure it did not burn with the house - luckily both were saved.

In 1976, a forest fire cut through Cobalt taking out half the town - my gym teacher lost his house and belongings. I remember the school taking up a collection for him and his family. That started because some ass through a cigarette out their car window and it landed in dry brush at the side of the road.

30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 21


Oops, I should have warned you there is a hotel at Mammoth Springs but it is not open at this time of year. It is only open during the winter months December thru March. Sorry, no hot shower yet. after that long bike ride to get here. We are only here for lunch so make sure if you are taking pictures of the ever changing Mammoth Terraces, We will be picked up by a bus at 3:00pm and taken to Roosevelt Lodge. Yes, you will be staying at the famous lodge for three days...hot showers, food cooked by some one else and a real bed. Does anyone know who Roosevelt is, and what his contributions to Yellowstone were? Make a choice for the best costume and let Charlie know, please and tell him why.

Sorry I have been missing in action - job postings came out and I needed to get my applications in. I was not fit to do anything else... I hope the contest went well.

On the virtual side of things, the bike ride would be good. Not as far as the last one, but no showers... we'll live; especially with three days to look forward to at Roosevelt Lodge. I will manage to take as many pictures as possible at the Mammoth Terraces. This is most definitely one of those unique places on earth.

30 Day Bloggging Challenge – Day 22


Wohoo, we are at Roosevelt Lodge... showers, awesome food and 61 degrees... sweet! We are going to Tower Falls and surrounding areas, Petrified trees at Specimen Ridge and Calcite Springs... over the next three days. http://www.yellowstonenationalpark.com/towerroosevelt.htm Tomorrow, we are going to work on a Buffalo Ranch because storm damage was done to the Ranger Training Center and in exchange for our labor we are going to participate in a study with the rangers tagging the bison. Work clothes, positive attitude... are you ready? What special ability do you bring to the table? Tell us about your contribution today. Saturday evening's agenda is Grab the saddles and hitch up the wagon for an evening you won’t soon forget. We are riding out to Yancy’s Hole on a horse or in a covered wagon. When we arrive we’ll find those cooks dishin’ up some real cowboy grub at their popular Old West Dinner Cookout. The coffee’s brewin’ over the open campfire, and the wranglers love talkin’ your ears off over a strong “cup o’ Joe!” When they ring the “dinner bell”,we’ll line up for real western beef steaks cooked to order, our signature Roosevelt Baked Beans, potato salad, coleslaw, cornbread muffins, and fruit crisp. And if all this is not enough, you’ll find your boots tappin’ to old western songs sung by our singin’ cowboy. You may have come here as a city slicker, but you’ll go back as a regular cowpoke!

http://www.nps.gov/features/yell/interactivemap/toweroos.htm

I opt for the horseback ride. I agree with Charlie ~ about not working on our vacation but I guess the experience may be worth it - even for a short bit.


© Copyright 2015 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858154-3-Days-of-Virtual-Camping-in-Yellowstone-Park