*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858855-Word-perks
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#858855 added September 1, 2015 at 12:38am
Restrictions: None
Word perks
Lots of my enjoyment comes from playing word games. One of the games I play is called word chums. Lately I have enjoyed jousting back and forth with a couple female personas. It has been a lot of fun. There is one person who is very competitive. We have both won and lost about seventy-five games equally. I think I am ahead and yet game is on. Another caricature likes being honorary and win or lose she likes verbal sparring. I get done with all this and realize that words are what get me through the day. I feel joy when I am engaged in the magic of putting letters together to formulate words that can make a difference. I hope that is what I am learning to do at Writing.com.
Today I was treated to a conversation with my daughter Julie. She has had little or no contact with people since she resumed her doctoral program. She told me she had only been back her twice in the last two months, once for a nephew's bday and another time for the wedding of a friend. We agreed to keep in touch. I could tell that even in our brief conversation she was caught in a chemistry laboratory: teaching, researching and taking classes. I pray that I will learn what my family means as I watch my children grow. There is a lot to be said about doing genealogical work, but also just as much to be said for enjoying family in the here and now. It is a word worth percolating and pouring out so others can enjoy the brew. How would you like your word perks; black or with cream.
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858855-Word-perks