*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859703-Time-out
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#859703 added September 10, 2015 at 8:28pm
Restrictions: None
Time out
I volunteered to do a twelve hour shift today without getting any of the details when I asked for the shift today. I talked to my supervisor after my shift was over at around midnight I was told that I was scheduled to work from 6am to 6pm. I was the least bit surprised. (you have got to be kidding!). Well I did ask for it and on only five hours sleep I woke up to set up post which made for another talking point.

The campus has been trying to corner some character that keeps threatening to try to get his job back whether we like it or not. He at one time worked for our big boss and the big boss is not taking the threat lightly. And so we have for the last couple weeks been taking turns sitting by a stairwell in front of the executive headquarters, making sure our suspicious character does not come unbidden.

It is one thing to go to the post and set up shop and quite another to realize for the next twelve hours I was going to be on camera. I was not to fall asleep or do anything else that might distract me from the task on hand. I was entitled to six breaks, one of which was a lunch break. I sat down in the chair and waited for time to go by as various persons came by and said hi. I got sleepy several times and fought off attempts of my body to close up shop for at least a few minutes. I paced, I counted, I counted stairs and tiles and railings and anything else could be counted. I did get my breaks and that was nice. I tried to convince subs that there was nothing more wonderful than sitting vigil. They did not agree and they were on their way.

I ended up reading my bible and writing down scriptures. I am glad there was no rule against that. With 45 minutes to go my radio went dead. That is my life line to tell people that I need help or to let them know I saw the guy. I was not to use my phone according to the rules, but what was I to do? Well they never came up with a new battery and that meant I had to guess at what time it was to leave. I did appreciate the escort that the command center sent my way. Above all else I was glad to be done. Let someone else have their turn. I need time out.
*Sleeping*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/859703-Time-out