*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860119-Writing-a-blog
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#860119 added September 15, 2015 at 2:31pm
Restrictions: None
Writing a blog?
How do you get yourself mentally prepared to write a blog entry?

I used to do a blog that contained book reviews. That is when I discovered it is easier to write the blog than it is to get people to read it. I started writing a blog on WDC because of a Newsfeed contest. I was reading other blogs for the contest and really thought it was a good time just to read the blogs. So, I thought I would try it. It was soon after I started that I was introduced to the 30-day Blogging Challenge. Virtual Yellowstone introduced me to a new world in blogging. Just for fun blogging. *Cool*

So, one of the big words in all writing endeavors is FOCUS! In the challenge you can become unfocused easily because we seem to lean toward informal comments. Still, staying on subject is important.

I always do some research before I write on any subject. Just because opinion isn't everything. Content should have some reality to it.

Just for me, I forget to correct the grammar. Even in an informal blog we need to edit, edit, edit. Because, meanings can get tangled up in the written word. Editing can make sure you meant to say what you actually said. Also, my keyboard bounces letters a lot so my spelling gets really strange if I don't edit. *Computer*

Shorter paragraphs make a piece of writing easier to read.

I don't think it is difficult in WDC blogging, to be yourself. Sometimes, I figure it is to easy for me to be preachy because I raised 4 children and had some really bad experiences in life. At my age I'd like to keep everyone safe, stop all wars, rebuild all the bombed out cities, feed the hungry, heal the sick and give away technology on street corners, all before my body croaks and dumps my spirit into some wind storm somewhere. *Bigsmile*

So, I try to show some enthusiasm and write positive things which we all need on a regular basis. We need inspiration and to inspire. Which I see in the blogs and contests in WDC. O.K. WRITE ON!




© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860119-Writing-a-blog