*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860374-Over-coming-obstacles
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#860374 added September 18, 2015 at 9:50pm
Restrictions: None
Over coming obstacles
Well I am writing again with a bit of protest. The computer is still far from any kind of normalcy and yet I will not give up. I am glad for opportunity to seek victory over my obstacles. I am writing after all.

I had another interesting day. I did bolo duty and who knows what to expect when that happens and I found this to be true as much on this day as any other. The agreed upon time for the bolo was from 7 to 3pm, which was a great time frame for me to get to my caregiving assignment at five with time to get changed. Well as luck would have it one never knows the strange encounters that can come one's way. I got my first break. I should have known early on that this day was not going to be easy. I was given a break early in the morning, but had no other fifteen minute break or lunch after that. At one point I felt like I had no choice but to take some kind of break. I was getting just a tad bit sleepy and had nothing to drink. I was asked by the command center if I wanted to wait for lunch and I said(knowing lunch was not likely (it was 2pm) just give me a break and I will be okay. Shortly after that I get a call from the supervisor thanking me for my patience and pledging to get me a break. The rover gave me a break and immediately after I got to the bathroom there was an emergency he had to respond to. Oh well!

It was obvious by 3pm, I was not going to get a break, because it was shift change. I was supposed to get relief, it was 3pm. The same supervisor responded to my call. I did not ask for relief. I only asked to know what was going on with my position, because I had another job and I need to let them know if I need a to call the agency or at least figure out how to pull a rabbit out of the hat with limited time. I was starting to get antsy. I was tired, hungry and in need to know what was going on. I could not leave my post. I would lose my job. The other supervisor calls and asks me if I can stay till four. I reiterate what I have said. I told him I needed to know by four what was happening. Well of course no one called. I called the supervisor at 415. I let her no I was not in any way upset, I just needed to know what was going on. She told me an escort was on the way. As it turned out another officer in the building I was in took over my position and I was free to go. And yes I made it to my caregiving assignment, but no food or change of clothes. God is good. I kept my cool and made it to my assignment. Next time I will think twice about what I take with me to eat and how to cover my ass if no one takes my place.
*Crazy*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860374-Over-coming-obstacles