*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860832-Back-to-work-or-is-it-a-day-off
Rated: E · Book · Community · #2053350
Let the blogging begin again and again and again.....
#860832 added September 24, 2015 at 5:36am
Restrictions: None
Back to work or is it a day off
I usually get Thursdays and Fridays off. My only issue is what does that even mean. I got a phone call from my sister letting me know that I have some money coming in the mail. It will be in the neighborhood of one thousand dollars which came from selling Mom's house. I have lots of tough feeling that spring from all of this.

I was not there to help with getting the house ready to be sold. I was in Kansas, which is a million miles from Massachusetts. I had siblings that worked on that house without ending. I feel funny getting money knowing that others got more or less for services rendered. Two of my brothers have serious mental health issues and that meant my sister limited their portion of the estate and put the money in the bank for times when they wanted to do something special. There is the added tidbit that Ken, her husband during her sickness received most of the money. Of course my sister did not even take her share. She just wants to help everyone else.

The rubber hits the road. when I get to Massachusetts in a few weeks after all this has gone down. I am not even sure what home is or what it means for me to enter the fray and become a part of or distance myself from a world that has not left. I am very sure it will never leave and therefore I am left wondering where home is and even back to the blog theme. What does it mean to work or get a day off?

Today I will work with a man who needs help, since he had a stroke and family will be out and about. That is the best I can do for seeking out family and in a sense work in a day off kind of way. My other caregiving situation will be at a ball game. It helps me understand why I get Fridays to work with this family around the issue of a man with a stroke. What does God have to say to me through all this?

I hope to do some family work. I am guessing it will be rather tedious and lonely. I will learn some things I did not know before the search and maybe at the same time things I would rather not know. In a sense I am back to work and still wondering what a day off looks like.
*Crazy*
© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860832-Back-to-work-or-is-it-a-day-off