*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861520-Rainy-Day-and-Fresh-Oil
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#861520 added October 2, 2015 at 8:59am
Restrictions: None
Rainy Day and Fresh Oil


Manx Cat from Japan

It rained for 3 days and nights here. Then, the weather went to 40 degrees and stayed down. Thursday and Friday cloudy skies, cold. Suppose to rain again Saturday. *Reading* Time to bring in all the houseplants that went out on the balcony for summer. Time to put up the weather windows on the porch and balcony. Oh bother!

So, It is a good day for humor. The grade school I attended was a nice brick two stories with a basement. If there were more floors I didn't know about them so, don't call me and correct it. Anyway, the grade school put on plays for the PTA depicting things we were learning in school.

We were practicing our play about pilgrims one day. A tall girl from the class was the mother. I got the part of the girl child because I was about a third of the size of any other student in the class. (correction: there were some other small students but, probably not as rowdy as me?)*Laugh*

The stage had a small room on each side of it where participants could wait until their turn on stage. The rooms had swinging doors for quick entry and exit.

I was suppose to run through the door onto the stage slide across the floor like and energetic child. Yell "mother, mother, guess what." and stop in front of the other girl, who was playing mother.

The Janitor oiled the wood floors that morning. So, I ran through the door in my sock feet, slide across the stage, wiped out the mother, we both ended up on the other side of the stage flat on the floor. Everyone in the auditorium was laughing but the teacher who was waiting in the side room with a script to prompt students and did not see it.

She was concerned in the extreme, "What happened," "Is anyone hurt?" After that we did not practice after a fresh floor oiling job.


© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861520-Rainy-Day-and-Fresh-Oil