*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861844-Day-5---Freestyle-Brainstorm-for-Plot-Characters--Setting
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2059791
Prep for Nanowrimo 2015 - I completed my 50,000 words by November 14, 2015.
#861844 added October 5, 2015 at 1:36pm
Restrictions: None
Day 5 - Freestyle Brainstorm for Plot, Characters & Setting
Monday, Oct. 05
Required: Freestyle Brainstorm â–¼
Spend at least fifteen minutes writing whatever ideas come to you about your plot, characters and setting.
Bonus: Extended Brainstorm â–¼
Add at least fifteen additional minutes to your freestyle brainstorming time.

Not sure where to start this story - either at the separation or at the beginning of the downfall...
Taryn Campbell and her future ex-husband, Carson Keller. - or do they even marry?
They meet at a night club after she graduates from University. He is good looking and nice to her, very quiet - her friends wonder what they talk about. She often prattle on to fill the empty space.
He is an auto mechanic - with a few eccentricities - i.e. wearing gloves to keep his hands clean.
They meet near the end of her summer when she has recently been hired into an EA position. She has dreams of going to Teacher's college. She also tells him she loves to write and has spent a good part of her summer writing.
As she gets involved with him her writing falls to the wayside - as it often does when she gets busy. It happens gradually but once they move in together it really drops off. At one point she joins a women Writer's group and he picks those nights to pick at her for not getting things done around their apartment. The extra writing is cutting into her 'cleaning' time and this bothers him. Loving him, and hating the conflict she drops the writing group.
By the time she gets into Teacher's College she is barely writing again.
After two years together she gets into Teacher's College and Carson gets into Toyota. He proposes - part of him thinking that as a teacher she will be able to support them... and he won't have to stay at Toyota forever. She goes to Teacher's College and plans a wedding... her mother and her aunt are not so taken with this guy... her mother is upset that she is not writing as much and her aunt is not overly impressed that she is planning a wedding while going to school... there is time for that after.
She is not married when she gets on the elementary supply list - so she goes by her original name = Campbell. Carson is passed that she doesn't change her name. She concedes, but within the school board she doesn't change it... preferring to go by Ms. Campbell.
She gets a few LTOs and Carson is frustrated she isn't hired sooner than later...
She also finds that with Carson working nights every two weeks she starts writing again - with Nano starting her off... Carson doesn't realize it... and it doesn't bother him beyond housework not being done. Taryn finds herself setting alarms and stopping her writing to get things done to appease him.
With working at Toyota Carson finds himself around other women.... he finds Taryn spends a great deal of time 'planning' and writing and he is feeling left out. He begins an affair.... with a woman who has more interests like him.... playing pool, adventure things like zip lining.... and he starts doing things 'on his own' - claiming to not like her as much. He tires to make her feel bad for not doing things with him.... but she finds she starts doing things on her own because he would be bored if she invited him and besides that would make it so she wouldn't enoy herself... she finds she goes to literary events and plays without him - preferring to go with her mother.
Carson doesn't like her mother.... he thinks she is flighty and her indecision bothers him... but her mother doesn't feel comfortable around him... and doesn't like that her daughter is different whenever he is with her.
"I still love you.... but I don't like you so much anymore.... I don't want to hurt you, but I'm not happy..."
"it's easier to just go and do things on my own."
That was a sentiment she could understand... but when he aimed it back at her, it cut. Had she been making him feel this way... whenever she didn't include him? Maybe, but she couldn't help feeling that dragging him to literary readings and plays at Stratford would bore him.... and his discomfort would make the experience not as good. Besides he said he preferred she went with her mother. There was nothing wrong with having your own interests.... her mother and stepfather had shared and individual interests and they got along just fine.... why was Carson behaving like this?'





Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** Signature for 2015 Game of Thrones Challenge - Dark Drreamscapes Group Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861844-Day-5---Freestyle-Brainstorm-for-Plot-Characters--Setting