*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862489
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2059791
Prep for Nanowrimo 2015 - I completed my 50,000 words by November 14, 2015.
#862489 added October 20, 2015 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
Day 19 - Brainstorm for plot, setting & characters
Monday, Oct. 19
*Required: Freestyle Brainstorm β–Ό
Spend at least fifteen minutes writing whatever ideas come to you about your plot, characters and setting.

*Bonus: Extended Brainstorm β–Ό
Add at least fifteen additional minutes to your freestyle brainstorming time.


Taryn's writing is a part of her. By repressing it to please Carson she diminishes herself. As she does that she also diminishes other parts of herself that Carson may have been attracted to in the beginning. By stepping up and reintroducing writing into her life, she rebuilds her confidence. This does not sit well with Carson. The time she devotes to writing takes away from time she is with him and they begin to grow apart. This is a sad thing, but also, if Taryn is to be who she really is she needs this part of herself, it Carson can't abide by it then it is probably best that they part.

"Gone was the teasing. Now only stark eyes looked blankly at her as he asked her the required questions in a dull monotone."

Day 19 - brainstorming more thoughts...
I took a walk today and had to get down my thoughts afterward. I was able to answer the question of how I get Taryn and Alex together. The answer.... have them be roommates in a house in the Historical District down by Victoria Park in Kitchener.
The owners are a young married couple - both teachers. They want a little help with their mortgage and decide to rent out a couple of their bedrooms. Alex Donovan is one of the renters. He is also a teacher - a grade 5/6. Taryn rents the other room. They have access to TV, cable, internet and phone (so long as they pay for any long distance calls). Taryn also rents a storage unit for the few items she has from their house and all her school stuff and books.
Alex is intrigued with Taryn from the moment he sets eyes on her. Because she is 'gun shy', thanks to Carson, he is willing to get to know her as a friend and let her know he is good with the time they spend together. They often do their planning together on the dinning room table.
She is surprised he is interested in going to plays, book and poetry readings, writers' festivals and art walks.
"Are you sure you're a guy?"
Alex gave a deep chuckle as he tweeked her nose. "yeah, I like my share of sports, too." Taryn couldn't help admiring the toned body that proved those words, "but I grew up in a well rounded family where sports and books had equal time and importance."


These are other notes I have copied from my notebook:
LTO is part time (mornings) until Christmas break, it gets extended to March Break and then to the end of the year. Not being sure when it will end, Taryn saves her money and works hard. She is working 3 jobs and writing - these keep her so busy she does not spend much - except during Nanowrimo and Christmas. She is extra careful in September and October knowing that November and December will be more.
She also invests the money from the sale of the house.

New girl, Cheryl Barker, traps him into marriage by getting pregnant. Most girls are not like Taryn.
He questions whether the child is his and a paternity test is done. This does not sit well with Cheryl who may begin to show her claws... but he will do the 'right thing' and marry her... though he will be even more miserable because he is not in love with Cheryl - she's a fun - time girl.
Poetic Justice - he went off to screw some other girl and she screwed him.
This may even happen before he tells his Dad he is no longer with Taryn.


Taryn may see Carson's older sister at the market when she is there with Alex - they split the cost on most items to make it cheaper for both of them. She may invite them over for dinner with Myra, Thomas and Alex there as well.
Taryn introduces Alex as one of her roommates, but Carson's sister is sharp enough to know there is a spark there even if it is not being fanned. She may or may not tell Carson... who may or may not come and see for himself... because it could mean really loosing her if she moves on.

Suddaby is 23 minutes from Victoria Park. It is 1.3 miles and I only took one shortcut through the park... to not do that would not add much time.
Carmichael is 1.5 miles but I took trails that aren't cleared in the winter so it would be significantly farther to get there in the winter.

Myra and Thomas have rescue animals. A dog named Ruppert who is a mutt. A cat named Kiya who just walked in one day and decided to stay. From the moment Taryn enters the house, both animals are smitten with her. Kiya in particular. The cat likes everyone, but loves to be around Taryn. On her first visit to see the house she follows them around... Taryn picks she up and talks to her. Myra tells the story of her just walking in.
When Taryn moves in, you can always find the cat with Taryn. She will call "honey, I'm home." and Kiya will make a beeline for her... so will the dog.

Carson shows up to see Taryn and Alex opens the door. He tells him that Taryn isn't there.... but I am not sure if he tells her which job she is working or not.




Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** Signature for 2015 Game of Thrones Challenge - Dark Drreamscapes Group Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862489