*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862496-Day-26---Brainstorm-for-Plot-Setting--Character
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2059791
Prep for Nanowrimo 2015 - I completed my 50,000 words by November 14, 2015.
#862496 added October 21, 2015 at 1:23pm
Restrictions: None
Day 26 - Brainstorm for Plot, Setting & Character
Monday, Oct. 26
*Required: Freestyle Brainstorm â–¼
Spend at least fifteen minutes writing whatever ideas come to you about your plot, characters and setting.

*Bonus: Extended Brainstorm â–¼
Add at least fifteen additional minutes to your freestyle brainstorming time.

Day 26? Brainstorming
Scenes needed:
*Telling mom that she and Carson are having difficulties
Mom says"I didn't want you to marry him and I didn't want you to have children with him... one out of two isn't bad."

*Scene with Gwyn - her best friend
What if I spend more time with him?"
Gwyn supposrts and encourages her - "It takes two, Taryn."
"i am the woman. I should be..."
"Stop right there, Taryn! You know you're thinking crazy thoughts... he ain't worth those crazy thoughts."

*Taryn tries to make herself small to hide away from the hurt she feels, but the more she does that, the more she doesn't like herself and that makes her angry.

*Gwyn tells her, "You deserve to be happy, Taryn... who knows, you may find the right guy and be having babies this time next year."
Taryn snorted at that. "I doubt that."
"I believe that if you find the right guy... the one who makes you truly happy, you'll let go of those fears. You would make an awesome mommy."
This is foreshadowing.

*1st meeting Alex
Alex arrives home and Mutt meets him at the door. He kneels down and gives the dog a good rub down. As he is doing this Taryn comes down the stairs leading into the front foyer. He looks up and their eyes meet and hold. Taryn's heart stutters an she looses her breath for a beat. Giving herself a mental shake she continues down the steps. The cat follows her.
Alex introduces himself and offers his hand - wanting to touch her. When they touch they both feel the jolt of attraction zigging along the connection.
Myra calls from the kitchen to say she has 'welcoming brownies' and that shifts them both into gear. Taryn heads for the kitchen and in her wake the cat and dog follow... Alex smiles and follows too.

In the kitchen, Myra laughs as they enter and says to her husband "I think we have an animal whisperer in our midst." (she means all three!)
Taryn is also wearing sweat pants, a t-shirt, fuzzy socks of odd colours and her Mountain Wearhouse hoodie. She is wearing no makeup and her hair is in a messy clasp on top of her head with a few strands falling down along the side of her face. Not her best, but Alex is spell bound.

*Thoughts back
Taryn thinks back to her wedding day and remembers the criticisms that Carson had leveled at her that day - how to kiss during the reception dinner, how to mingle after the dance began, although she liked their wedding song it was not one of the romantic ones she would have chosen.

*Another Thoughts back moment
The Women Writer's Group - met Thursday nights in Guelph
Taryn would stay in Guelph after her day working as a EA in order to go to the writing group from 7 to 9:30 pm. She would leave on a high; inspired and fueled to do more writing, but when she got home Carson would pick those nights to rail into her about things she had neglected to do around the house. This happens each time and eventually she stopped going to the writing group... and writing stopped for awhile.... but eventually she began again because, for her, writing is her essence. It is like breathing. It also helps relieve her anxieties.

"You do what you want to do, but forget about doing things around here.!"

**These Thought Backs strengthen her resolve to move on away from Carson and to reclaim who SHE is.

**Fractured Dreams is the current title
-I chose this title as it represents Taryn's betrayal as she moves from 'happily married' with cracks in the mortar of their foundation to full out fractured marriage and separation as Taryn works to put herself back together. She will be stronger for it.



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** Signature for 2015 Game of Thrones Challenge - Dark Drreamscapes Group Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862496-Day-26---Brainstorm-for-Plot-Setting--Character