*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862987-bitter-contrasts-with-sweet
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#862987 added October 15, 2015 at 12:49pm
Restrictions: None
bitter contrasts with sweet
According to the now scientifically unproven "taste belt" or "tongue map", things we taste are generally bitter, sour, salty, or sweet. Of these four, how would you say people most identify you?


Fairy playing a flute




Probably Bitter. I've been accused of this before. Of course, the accusations come from people who have done things they should not do to anyone. *Devilish*

Funk and Wagnall's Standard Dictionary (International Edition) says: " Bitter: 3. Feeling or showing hate or resentment 4. words that are stinging, sharp, or severe."

I once heard a radio interview of President Jimmy Carter during a segment of his life when he was having trouble with some members of the Southern Baptist Church. He had been accused of being bitter and unforgiving toward someone with whom he had a dispute.

I believe he withdrew from that congregation for awhile. Anyway, during the interview he explained that you can forgive someone for any incident but you won't forget it until it is resolved and you will not trust the person who was in the wrong unless they can prove their trust worthiness. I did not use direct quotes because the interview I heard was many years ago. Sometime between 1999 and 2005.

Of course, if you have tried to resolve the problem with the person or people, and they refused reconciliation, you cannot be counted as bitter. Even if they are using a scripture about bitterness to attempt to ruin your reputation. (there is New Testament scripture about bitterness and Psalms about bullies)

Individual integrity is important no matter how you are being judged. Maybe the accused is not the problem. Maybe the accuser has a problem. Let's face it digging into relationships can be a real surprise, that is why we write. That is why we read.

















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862987-bitter-contrasts-with-sweet