*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863064-Snuffel-and-Snort
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#863064 added October 16, 2015 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
Snuffel and Snort

Write about a two different smells...one that triggers an unpleasant memory, and one that triggers a happier moment.

Manx Cat from Japan





*Horse* There are lots of smells in a rural setting. Rain on the wind, cinnamon rolls at Sunday Morning breakfast, and believe it or not horse manure. These are all good smells.

I have been around Cattle, goats, sheep, pigs and other farm animals. Horse manure is the easiest to clean up and has the least acidic smell. I use it on the garden and add it to the fields to enrich the top soil.

It reminds me of all the great rides I have had over the years. Horses are awesome creatures. They are grateful for clean stalls, regular feed, and brushing. In my barn are a horse and a pony. Both are old creatures. They are the last two equines I will ever own. Caring for them helps me stay active. Even clean they have their own odor.

Bad smells are more difficult, chicken and pig manure ugh! Even when they are clean the odor is unpleasant.

Snow blizzards on an incoming wind are an icy, sharp smell. It freezes the sinuses.

I guess one of the worst is the smell of infection. Because it is a dangerous smell. So, much for snuffling and snorting smells.We do discuss the oddest subjects. *Laugh*


© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/863064-Snuffel-and-Snort