*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864699-Life-Motto--Someone-I-Miss
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#864699 added October 31, 2015 at 4:59pm
Restrictions: None
Life Motto & Someone I Miss
Today's blogs...

Welcome To My Reality - October Prompts


31. What is your motto in life? Bonus points if you have a theme song.

Life motto, hmmm. I can do all things through God who strengthens me. I remain positive and practice gratitude for what I have. I thank God for my blessings.... all the good and the not so good. It has made me who I am today.

Free To Be Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKSQjSdU8VA&list=RDY5eyoOgZb3A&index=23


This song is good for my current Nano Novel...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5eyoOgZb3A


33. Tell us about something (not someone) that you miss.

I miss my father. He died of cancer when I was 12... 36 years ago! I did not know him very well and I miss that I missed out on that. I have recently gotten in touch with some of his relatives... or my relatives too and I want to develop this connection and keep it going.

My Dad's mother was one of 12 children. Only one of this generation is still alive. She will be 90 in January - she shares my birthdate (not the year, though).

This summer I got together with a friend I hadn't seen in over 31 years. We posted the pictures to our Facebook pages and one of her friends is a cousin of mine. I was able to reconnect with her and she told me that her Uncle Doug (my Grandmother's nephew) was interested in getting in touch - so I friended him on Facebook. He is sending me a copy of the Jelly family tree. I am so excited. Now I will be able to make connections my mother tells me about, but I find overwhelming at times.

In all of this I was able to get in touch with my father's brother and his wife. I lost their address and phone number... now I have them back. I called my aunt on Thursday night and talked for over an hour.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/864699-Life-Motto--Someone-I-Miss