*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865435-Social-Media-on-Publics-Side
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#865435 added November 8, 2015 at 10:55am
Restrictions: None
Social Media on Publics Side?
What kind of responsibility does social media have in breaking big, important news stories?


Manx Cat from Japan




Breaking news:

The streak noticed in the sky by Southern California, Nevada and Arizona residents was an unarmed missile fired from the USS Kentucky. The missile fired off the California coast was a planned, ballistic missile test. The regular tests certify the equipment continues to be verified and stable. Sorry it's not a UFO after all. (reference: news from the Associated Press November 8, a.m.)

The above breaking news is not big, it happens regularly, but the implication is, it could be misconstrued in any part of the nation, which does not experience these tests, so is unprepared for the streak in the sky.

The media is accountable to the public. They have an obligation to inform within the range of truth.

It is the media's job to enlighten, educate and inform about anything that has an impact on our society.

However, the question is how far should they go? At one time, there was an issue about putting dead bodies in front of the public in picture form. Since terrorism is inching into the everyday life of our nation, I have seen the media go beyond that rule.

By not showing the literal bodies they attempt to keep panic from affecting the public. By showing the bodies they attempt to prepare an innocent public about the horrors that happen when society breaks down.

The political riot, that is happening within the country, because of people who want to become President of the USA is often laughable and disgusting.

If you look at it straight on it is something else. All these people want to sit in the oval office.

Who are they? What are they really like? Which one will be the leader of the people and do the proper things that need to be done? Which bills need to pass? Which bills need to be vetoed? Choose war or diplomacy? What is in the best interests of a nation of peace loving people? Stir the bee hive or feed it?

Actually, if you watch the debates and what the cameras show about these people you begin to see what they are really like. The dirt digging done by the media tells what they really believe. In the realm of their real lives, up to this point are they who they say they are? Actions shout louder than words.


Red Dragon














apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865435-Social-Media-on-Publics-Side