*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865512-Music-has-Meaning
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#865512 added November 9, 2015 at 8:49am
Restrictions: None
Music has Meaning
Would you rather your favorite band or artist put out four or five of the greatest albums ever over a twenty year period and then call it quits, or have them put out a decent album every few years (and some terrible-to-ok ones also) while still touring and playing live into their 80's?



Fairy playing a flute



I don't feel socially adequate to answer this question. *Headbang*

If I like a group or a musician I hope they go on as long as possible putting out recorded sounds which I want to hear. I have a full range of sounds in my library.

I have been happy to see so many musicians from my youth applauded on PBS.*Jamming*

Taking into account that musicians are people, we must realize that life interferes with talent. The life a musician chooses is difficult. The social aspect of it interferes with marriage, children, as well as,changes in personality as we grow older. People in musical groups mature. They want to experience other music or ways of life. All the public sees is the group they grew to know.

I liked all the Beatles music but one of my favorite albums is "Rhythm Of The Saints" a 2011 remaster by Paul Simon. It has excellent beat and good lyrics.

I dislike musicians that write one short sentence then sing those same words over and over with the same chord over and over for 3 to 5 minutes. Your brain waves keep looking for the actual meaning never finding the loop.*FacePalm*

If a group is singing I need lyrics that mean something. SING ON!! *Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865512-Music-has-Meaning