*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865856-Pelts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2000274
Simple stuff, really. Musing uncharacteristically challenged. BLog
#865856 added November 10, 2015 at 5:45pm
Restrictions: None
Pelts
So my Brother-in-Law gets his trapping license to trap beaver in order to reduce the population of these tree destroying critters and he caught a good size one too. 64 LBS! Not wanting to entirely waste the critters, he has been learning the art of skinning them and tanning. Beavers are good for lakes because they stop leaks by damming them and burrowing tunnels on the lakes bottoms too. But, they do attack the trees like a chain saw and can cause a lot of damage. First response was to kill them all but after doing his research, he learned that it is good to keep a controlled amount of the critters because they are good for the lakes. Lakes that have beavers are lakes less likely to dry up. It is a good point that rather than simply reacting and doing what is right, sometime it is best to step back and do some research. Less waste is better too. I know this may be a touchy subject for some but the small advances are better than no advances. Have a great day and thanks for reading!
© Copyright 2015 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/865856-Pelts