*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867624
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#867624 added December 1, 2015 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
Ghosting, Beauty Pageants
Blog City Prompt: How does it feel to be ghosted? Can ghosting have a good reason?Joy says this is when people come into your life, are your friends and you don't hear from them anymore after awhile.

After high school, my friends started having their own lives and it is like they move on without you. I am guilty of doing that. I had two pen pals for years and they quit writing. Life gets in the way. I have a friend that I only saw her at WalMart over the years and I went to the funeral home when her mother died. We get so busy in life and we become ghosts to our friends and they to us. Time is always a factor. We have other things to do. Getting married. It isn't normal to call and text male friends all the time when you are married. Ghosting. We get busy with life and Christmas is the time I hear from friends I thought were ghosts and had forgotten me. I am the same way. You never know when you and your friends will meet again.

BCOF Prompt: What catergory should be added to Beauty Pageants? Do Beauty Pageants demean women?

I was in Beauty Pageants in high school. It is about beauty, talent but I loved wearing formals and feeling like a Princess. The questions they ask were rough. I never won but I got a State Finalist Plaque and a tiaria that has seen better days. I treasure them. When I was in Junior Miss, the girl who won was a snob and didn't have her talent presentation ready until the last moment and she did a Marilyn Monroe skit. Everyone loves Marilyn I guess. When I was in a pageant for Lake Queen, the judges were old and were drunk and almost fell off the peer. At State Pageant, there were too many of us and some were snobs. I was good friends with a dozen other girls.

I don't think Beauty Pageants are demeaning but they aren't fair. I don't know what catergory to add. I have been called a Glamour Queen, snob and prissy by a few girls who were rough when they found out I had been in Beauty Pageants. My one friend was in everything and in a Beauty Pageant and I feel I had to compete with her. So that is why I joined so many activities and did Beauty Pageants. I wanted to feel important. My mother made me a slave to fashion and I still am. I cherish my good moments in the Pageants. I love watching Beauty Pageants when I get a chance. Some women love to play sports but I never did. I wanted to act like a lady. I try to still. I do feel a girl be a teen-ager before she enters Beauty Pageants. Little girls need to be little girls. They can do Beauty Pageants later. Beauty Pageants aren't demeaning when you are the right age to compete. They are to be moments you treasure forever.

** Image ID #2059689 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867624