*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869154-Christmas-Memories-from-Childhood
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#869154 added December 23, 2015 at 10:13am
Restrictions: None
Christmas Memories from Childhood
Today's blog...

Welcome To My Reality - December Prompts


27. Share a childhood memory that fits the current season wherever you are.

I have few memories of Christmases with my parents together as a couple. My main memory is of seeing the front window painted with Christmas designs. Mom used paint made for window painting and I loved those designs.

Most of my memories are from after my parents separated. Christmas Eve with my Dad. We would go over to his Aunt and Uncle's place. His cousins were older than me... I was seven or eight and they were all finished high school (I think). I enjoyed being over there... part of a big family - there were four of them. Auntie Eileen was a favourite great aunt of mine - she was my Grandmother's youngest sister and she and I share the same birthday - January 12.

That year, I stayed overnight with my Dad, then in the morning after gift opening and a little play time, we headed over to my Mother's place. Dad stayed with us the first year. I am thinking mom and I would headed out to my Grandparent's farm for dinner... but I can't fully remember.
I slept at mom's on Christmas night and then in the morning Dad picked me up and we headed up to Timmins to see my Grandparents, my Dad's mother and her husband.

One year Mom and I went to Thessalon for Christmas. My mother's other sister lives there. I think I was nine or ten. I remember getting my first camera and a stuffed Bert and Ernie. It was a great Christmas.

Most of my childhood Christmas memories that I remember were after my Mom and I moved to Guelph. That first year I was eleven I did not see my Dad or his side of the family for Christmas. I did talk to him on the phone. He died the February afterwards.

Since then Christmas has been with my Mother's family. My mother's younger sister had her first child the year I was twelve and things have improved since them.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/869154-Christmas-Memories-from-Childhood