*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871269-Toolin-Around-Tucson
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#871269 added January 19, 2016 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Toolin' Around Tucson
Locale: Tucson, Az

         Well, I'm really glad I was able to come here this week.  I love the Southwest, I grew up over in Albuquerque, so this is coming home for me.  Of course, I say that about Seattle and Hawaii too, but this is really where my heart is.  Add to it that I woke up each morning to a temperature of 42 degrees or so, while Chicago was at -6, and you can understand part of my joy.

         It was an interesting two days being here.  I was teaching a class on a small device that few know well, myself included.  The problem is, there was never a course written for this device, so guess who was given the task of writing it?  *Smile*  I wrote it three years ago, but it's only been taught 4 times, all by me of course.  So I'm still really learning how this class should flow, and what is important for the students to learn.  The customer this week was Creative Communications here in Tucson.  They had 12 of the devices to use in class, and a very confined classroom.  But it gave the students a chance to configure the devices as they would see them in the field, so it went well really.  Of importance to me though, are the student critique sheets, and their comments and grades were excellent.  So not only did class go well, it was well received too.



Noteworthy Restaurants:

         http://thundercanyonbrewery.com


         This is a nice brewery with excellent food and beer.  I had their San Pedro Pasta, and I have to say it was a huge portion!  There was enough there to feed 3 of us in one meal, and maybe still have leftovers.  I fly home to the frozen Midwest tomorrow, so I couldn't bring it back to the hotel with me.  *Frown*


         After class today, I visited the Mission San Xavier Del Bac.  It's an old Spanish Mission on the south side of the city, and very beautiful.  It is still functioning today, administering to the needs of the people.  It's beautiful, you have to see it to really appreciate it.  Since I know most of you won't get here, a picture of it is below.




Next week I'm in Santa Fe, and really looking forward to that trip.  It's cold out right now, so y'all stay safe and warm.  Til next week, be good!


© Copyright 2016 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/871269-Toolin-Around-Tucson