*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872088-Not-Enough-Awards
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#872088 added January 30, 2016 at 12:00am
Restrictions: None
Not Enough Awards
         I don't get how overpaid actors and musicians still rave about not getting enough attention or awards. Try getting a real job and work for real wages, then complain about being snubbed or overlooked or not being considered for awards. Their wages and the names on the arcade are enough. They don't need trophies or award events. That shows how warped our culture is.

         Give awards to teachers, nurses, and garbage collectors. We'd never get along day to day without them. Give recognition to the military, firefighters, and charity workers, not celebrities.

         As far as I'm concerned, an Oscar or an Emmy never belongs to just one person.It belongs to a whole crew of people, make-up, costume, sound, lights, props, camera, director, producer, who all do their best everyday to make the actor look his or her best. That individual could never do it all alone or despite their crew. But that crew is hardly ever thanked by the actor.

         When one celebrity gets upset because his friend didn't get an award or one group doesn't feel "honored" enough, you know that individual(s) have gotten spoiled. Get down on your knees and thank God you have such a good life, that the culture is willing to pay you to entertain, to play make believe. You don't have to get your hands dirty to earn a living and still struggle to pay your bills.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/872088-Not-Enough-Awards